Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Marco_Horta1

Project 1 Final

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your inputs, and your help, I had decided and selected the second one for my project 1 Final.
Since I kept in mind everyone's suggestions, I gathered some good ideas for this project design.

What I have changed is:
First to select one family type (America typewriter) for my whole final project design, instead of having two type families.
Second, I played with paragraph setting to make it readable and more appealing to the readers,
Third I replaced the green TMCC logo for the black TMCC logo,
I also had remove my self-portrait from home page Since honestly, I do not think it was relevant to my project's design,
then I reorganized and added a light-gray color bar as background to the navigation bar,
last, I added three new pages to my final design, which are; Projects, Resources, and Contact page.

I am very excited, how this project has been turning out, I hope you like them. Let me know what you think.
Attachments
project_1_home_page
project_1_home_page
project_1_projects_page
project_1_projects_page
project_1_resources_page
project_1_resources_page
project_1_contact_page
project_1_contact_page
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta

Ariesboxsye

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by Ariesboxsye »

Seems you have an idea over all of where you what this website to go. I like how organized this set of layouts become, still a bit off on the GRC logo on the top corner, but it feels like it works.
~Names Aries Shelley~

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Good job one your websites and going the next step and making multiples webpages. Over all everything is extremely orizaged, but you did forget one of the requirements of having a picture of yourself some where in the website.
Kyler Rose

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

Hey Marco!

Love the way your website is coming along! The changes you made were perfect.
I really like the justified type, makes your design look super clean. I'm also
fond of your logo, it's super expressive and resembles the GRC program. I
might try to center the logo in the header column though. It appears to me that
it maybe to low?

Great work!
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

susielang

Post by susielang »

Great work! Nice and clean design. I like the GRC 175 logo. Very creative. On your contact page, I like the silhouette of the man in the suit. Has a Mad Men- retro vibe going which is really cool.
Susie Lang

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

I love these designs! The imagery is nice and your layouts and easy to read and easy to follow. I think that for how clean these layouts are, the GRC logo still does not reflect your website. It either needs to be smaller, or you could simplify it and create a new one (although that might be more work). Awesome job!
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

Love your use of diagonals to make the bodycopy more interesting! The graffiti is great too.
I would suggest keeping the TMCC logo in the same spot on each page, so that the viewer knows where to expect it.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! Not just a homepage, but an entire site. You've gone above and beyond here, Marco.

Removing the drop shadow really cleaned it up. I like the way your logo breaks the edge of your top bar to add depth. Your 3D text texture looks good as always and adds a bit of visual interest to a clean design. The use of one font throughout was a strong choice as well. You're just using weight and size to establish hierarchy. The typewriter look is an interesting one and gives the website a bit of an old timey feel that you've embraced on your inner pages. Good use of margin throughout the composition.

I think your bodycopy could use a bit more leading. Right now the lines look a little tight.

Nicely done.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hello Marco!
The design is looking good! The more simple, streamlined homepage is stronger. Your name could be more prominent on the page. :) The designs to the other pages are looking good too. Each page is solidly unified by the nav bar and header, offset by the colorful, creative logo.
Melissa Peel

Jose_M

Post by Jose_M »

Marco_Horta1,
These are finished products and they look good.
Jose Macias.