Project 1 - Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
erika.murray

Project 1 - Final

Post by erika.murray »

Hi everyone!
I took the great feedback that you gave me and decided to merge my two previous designs due to positive responses for both designs. I took my second layout and added the navigation buttons from the first layout. I received a lot of comments about the lack of color of my second layout, so I changed the light blue to a mint green to hopefully create a more inviting feeling. I did try to add the orange from the first layout (and even tried a yellow color), but it didn't look as good as the mint color does. I adjusted some of the margins and alignments as well. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
web_final_edm.jpg
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Re: Project 1 - Final

Post by selvster5000 »

This is so pretty and organized! I definitely like how you incorporated the mint green and the existing navigation into this final design.
The overall all layout is clean and crisp, which I would expect from you! Great job, I wouldn't change a thing.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

Ariesboxsye

Post by Ariesboxsye »

I really like how this came out in the end, your over all layout looks amazing and it comes off more like brochure than a web site design. Which is also where my concern is and I hope that you are able to bring web elements back as you go into making the website work.
~Names Aries Shelley~

Kyler_Rose

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Hey Erica your website I is looking amazing, I like your take on your nav bar its different and looks every nice. I still fell like the body text could use some work though. it seem to stand out a little to much
Kyler Rose

fjbo

Post by fjbo »

I really think your header is very out-of-the-box. Your navigation is very clever.

Your typography is so industrial and stylish that is very strong from you.

I like how professional unified, your new color palette is.

Your layout is very clear, organized and universal which creates interest in several audiences. That is a very good advantage.
FJBO

FRANCISCO JAVIER BECERRA-ORTIZ

susielang

Post by susielang »

Very organized and clean. Good use of color. You really lead the eye through your design. Maybe would add a couple more images on your page. just a thought. Like, how you wrote your name. Creative way to do that.
Susie Lang

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

You layout is BEAUTIFUL!! It holds all the information in a very clean and simplistic manner, and I totally love it :) Great use of typography too

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Well, ain't this thing a nice little mashup of your two designs?

The thing that stands out to me immediately is the use of margins throughout this composition. They really are superb. Everything has good room to breathe without being too far apart from each other and losing unity. I especially like all the little details you've added in. The flatter blues, the alternating blue dots in the upper right corner, the darkening of everything, and the large navigation buttons toward the bottom. Typographically it's working pretty well too. Your font choice is working really well in the headlines, buttons and labels. It's consistent and uses different font weights to add visual texture. Nice use of imagery as well. The trees picture provides a nice hit of warmth in an otherwise cool design.

I'm not sure if the bodycopy needed to be quite as bold as it is.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hello,
Everything looks snappy and aligned! I like how you stacked the text and added a variety of sizes. The name is not as easy to read as the rest of the text. I like how the about me is in the third person. The two designs look great integrated, adding the mint color was a nice addition.
Melissa Peel

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

Hi Erika,

This is very clear and easy to navigate design. I really like the results of combinations created by the color and black and white mixture. I would say this is a great design for professional singers/Musicians website. congratulations good job.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta