project one

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
JulianEmme

project one

Post by JulianEmme »

Here is my final, I had a really hard time deciding which one to do of my two layouts. They were both different and fun in their own way. I believe this one captures my style better. I left my hard drive in Reno over the weekend and haven't backed up my files yet so it's a few late.
Attachments
rough_final.jpg
Julian Emme

Kyler_Rose

Re: project one

Post by Kyler_Rose »

Your Website is looking great, it very different from what i am used to but it works ever well. The only problems I have is that there is a image galre where the text is, making it a little hard to read and using middle align is probably not a good idea to use.
Kyler Rose

susielang

Post by susielang »

Very unique design. I like it. Would play around with your alignments. Like your graphic. And maybe experiment with more typefaces.
Susie Lang

erika.murray

Post by erika.murray »

I think this layout was a good choice. I like the balance of the image on the left and the navigation on the right, as well as your cool signature. My only concern is the quality of your image -- looks like there's some obvious compression and I'm not sure how that will look on bigger monitors. Maybe you could try using Image Trace in Illustrator to give your photo an illustrated style.
Fate, my friend, you say the strangest things

Erika Murray

selvster5000

Post by selvster5000 »

I really like your unique style, it's very different from mine, and I like when I can
look at a design and think to myself this is something I've never seen before. So
nice work. I also love your signature, reminds me of J Edgar Hoover's signature.

However, I might change the size of the TMCC logo. I feel as though it's
too big and draws too much attention to the bottom corner.
Cheers,
Hannah Selvey

darian_p

Post by darian_p »

I like the final design! The only thing I would change is the white margins on the bottom and left side of the page.
bImage
Darian Potichny

ktwy

Post by ktwy »

This is so rad!! Two small things that would make it even more rad are if you got a picture that was a little clearer, and justified your type. Other than that, it's awesome :)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting. You chose the streetwear one. And then slapped a big ol' white border on the side and bottom. Hm.

I like the club feel it has. I can hear myself not being able to speak to the person next to me, just by looking at it. What I really find neat is the way the picture and the navigation balance each other and act as a frame for the content. They're both equally bright against the darkness and both guide the eye toward the middle, no matter which side you start from. You have really great use of margin on all of your compositional elements. They hang together without being too crowded. I don't even mind the gap it the middle. It highlights your signature and makes a stage for it to shine. The website feels so much like a hip clothing brand website that I can't quite believe I'm not already able to buy hilariously overpriced t-shirts and beanies from you yet. Get on that!

That massive white edge on the right and bottom is nasty AF and really detracts from the design. It destroys a virtually of the atmosphere that the rest of the composition creates. It blows out all the dark room quality it has. Too bad it basically ruins what might be a really cool website.

Nice effort.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Peelio

Post by Peelio »

Hello,
The alignment is looking good. The contact info could be larger, more dominant. The high contrast theme is interesting!
Melissa Peel

Marco_Horta1

Post by Marco_Horta1 »

HI Julian,
very good chose and nicely done great contrast. by using black and white it gives the viewer a different perspective and artistic touch. It just needs some fine tunes on page margins great job.
"Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you"- KUSHANDWIZDOM
Marco Horta