Project 1 Preliinary Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Stasiavous

Re: Project 1 Preliinary Critique

Post by Stasiavous »

Hi Clara! I'm partial to the tree design. Love the gradient background and the trees remind me of you more than the ticket does. I suggest playing around with the typefaces as well! Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

I like the simplistic and minimalist aesthetic. Good design choices.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Your red and yellow design is a little chunky/bold and could use a little sizing work, but I love the concept!!

Your tree design has really great colors that flow together well! I would play with the fonts and text placement though, because the layout seems too simple.

You got some great starting points! Can’t wait to see the end result :)
-Kaitlyn Johnson

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi! My favorite is first one. It is really cool. My suggestion is play with fonts. Maybe you can use different one.
Yuri Aoki

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hi, I like the tree design a lot, the gradient is fun, and the trees are very simple and create a nice graphic art style. I would suggest using all of your space!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Clara!!

I love your ticket concept a lot, I would definitely play around with more expressive type styles just because it looks a little flat right now! Really cute concepts though!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

Clara,
Your first set of designs are actually a pretty neat idea. I would play with the color a bit just emphasize the tickets. the colors you used do contrast well but the both compete for your attention and there is no where for a users eyes to rest. Maybe bring back one of those colors. On the second design I would pick a different typeface to bring it out from the back ground, another way to do this is to change the color. If you squint while looking at the second set your body copy is completely lost. Maybe go with a brighter or heavier color to help differentiate from the pastel gradient sky you made. Your trees are adorable by the way.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Clara,

I am totes loving the first design. This is something that I have never thought of to be on a website! Because of the strong design and the layout, it makes me want to click into the page and find out more about how the navigation will interact. An improvement point would be adding contrast in the fonts used in the navigation and in the body copy, this could add more complexity to the line of action that the eye follows.

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hmmmmm. I really like that interlocking tree pattern on your first design. It looks like a cool wall paper. Use that one!

That pattern looks like it should be on shirts and handbags. Embrace it with your design. I actually like the trees with some room up from the bottom, almost in the middle, rather than coming straight out of the bottom. I like the look of the background gradient. It implies a sunrise and night sky well. Your type shows against it well. This whole layout is super clean and easy to read and use. Very high on the legibility scale. Pretty good margins, too.

You know, despite the fact that it's supposed to reflect nature, I think your design would work better with a sans-serif type. It's really vectory and modern and I think it's type should reflect that. Also, ditch the stars in front of your navigation buttons and move the button text close together so they have some proximity with one another.

A good start!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey Clara,

Both ideas are unique and interesting. Overall layout works.

I like the second idea better, but I think you could probably push it further. Theres a lot of empty space on the top half and all the trees are really close at the bottom. My eyes are immediately drawn to the bottom. There's plenty of different directions you can go to make the other elements more visually interesting. Interested to see where this goes.
Estevan Anaya