Project1-Prelim

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.

Layout 1 Vs Layout 2

Layout 1
82%
Layout 2
18%

Total votes: 11

Stasiavous

Re: Project1-Prelim

Post by Stasiavous »

Hi Matt! I agree with Evelyn. Your art work is too nice to cover up. Moving the menu to the side or even the bottom would be a better choice. I'm also finding it hard to get interested in the text at the bottom. Maybe a different typeface or background color to accent your painting would work better? LOVE IT!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Matt!!!

I like your layout choice a lot! Your image does seem a bit stretched out so I would mess with different positions to put it in, as well as messing around with the type at the bottom in your desktop layout. Maybe spread out your contact information and make it a bit bigger? Other than that I luv your painting and how clean your website looks :D
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi!
I really like how you organized everything. I would suggest play with fonts little more. Maybe you can find different one!
Yuri Aoki

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like the simplicity of the purple design and like the highlight spot. I like the image in the orange design except for the black bar. My eye is drawn to that bar because of the high contrast, but there's nothing to see.
Clara Lawson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooooh! A poll! Let me cast my vote. I'll be right back ...

Okay, I've returned. I find your second design, the CGI pegboard, much more visually interesting. Your painting on the first one is pretty neat, but the pegboard concept can go in so many different directions. You can "pin" almost anything, including your painting, to it. You've got a nice bit of space to put any content in you want and you can reshuffle your navigation based on the resolution of your display device. The purple, red, and black work well together. Nice use of analogous colors. The pin navigation is a fun concept and easy to use and see. I like your type choices. The use of neon tube type for your page title really works and gives the eye something to immediately settle on.

Too bad you didn't have a mobile design for it. Also, move your mini bio text a little bit to the left in order to open up a bit of room and make the right and left margins equal. Don't forget your required class information on the final version too.

A good start Matt. I like where this is going.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I like the peg board idea with the neon text over the painting. The way you set up your nav bar on your mobile designs is very user friendly and appealing to the eye. If you choose the painting try to make the opacity on the buttons a little lower so we can see the art more. I think it's very cool that you are including your own art work.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Matt,

I like the first concept better! Really cool idea. I think the text in the bottom right is a little weak compared to the rest of it. I would make that more consistent. Also, maybe you could make the other text look more like realistic neon lettering?
Estevan Anaya

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

First one is awesome!!!
Very creative and well balanced. The image looks a little lossy, the type looks a little fuzzy. Awesome non-the-less!
Jason Alavez

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Matt,

I am really digging the first set of designs, the pegboard looks really clean! I appreciate that the second set of layouts has more information, but I am completely drawn to the colors and the artistic feel of the first set.

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hey, I like both designs but I particularly like the first one against the white board. I like the neon affect and the simple design to it. I am curious to see how your bio works with the layout.
-Tony Giusti