Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kayla.pressburger

Re: Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Both of your designs are nicely done! I really like both of them, but I think I like the second design slightly more. I also love your logo! My only suggestion is on your mobile designs, maybe move your name off of your picture. It's a bit distracting that they are overlapping. Other than that, great work!
Kayla Pressburger

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the way you layered these. The color choice is great, and the image you chose is engaging. I like the logo you chose as well. It's eye catching. I like em!

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Very nice color contrast in your designs! Although, they are a little busy, I’m sure with some adjustments you’ll make a clear layout :)
-Kaitlyn Johnson

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like your geometric design and your logo. All your elements work well together.
Clara Lawson

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I really like your second mobile design and your first desktop version. The boxes with the low opacity make the text appear over your geometric design. Maybe you can fade the background in slightly just to let it accompany your design not dominate it? other than that your layouts are easy to read and clean.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooh! More geometry! Nicely done, Staci. I like your second one better. It's not hiding it's badical geometry behind semi transparent black bars.

I see you too have been influenced by a combination of Justin Maller and a color swatch book, too. What really set's it apart though is your use of depth in your composition. Your geometric color shapes overlap everything which locks the whole thing together. Your color choices really work too. I'm not usually a fond of a ton of colors outside of imagery, but you've made it work. Your base colors of black, white, and medium teal provide a great "base" from which to branch out into all the fun colors you use in your background. And they contrast well with each other. It adds visual interest and helps the eye pick out critical content. Great logo, too. The swirling "S" is a great contrast. And you've integrated into your design so well. It looks like a big ol' button I just want to press.

The left and right margins are a little tight on your content area on your computer layout when compared to the content area's top and bottom margins. I'd add a little extra room for it to breath. Add a bit more top and bottom margin's to your computer layout's footer, too. Also, on your phone layout, add a little more top and bottom margin to your footer, especially above and below your social media links. Maybe make your title ("about..." on your sample page) a color as well to differentiate it.

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi! I like your colors. It is really cool! I would suggest to move your name to right little bit, so S is easier to see.
Yuri Aoki

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Staci,

I agree with the others, the way you incorporated your logo is very well done! My preference looking at the designs uploaded tends toward the 2nd and 4th designs. With the 4th design with the black background, the way you have spaced the shapes leads my eyes across the whole page! I am also partial to the contrast of the circle logo with the hexagonal/triangular edges.

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hey, both designs have a very modern and cool feeling to them, and I am having a hard time picking which one I like best. I like the geometric patterns and think it goes well with the overall composition.
-Tony Giusti

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

It seems like you really like this concept cause there is no difference between the two, if your heart is set on it go for it!!

Good luck!!