Project uno

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project uno

Post by Instructor »

Wow! Now these are some good designs. I'd say two of them are equally good in fact. I think you can discard the top design, but your 3D tilt-shifted cityscape and your painted zebra designs are both great and would be good springboards for your website.

Your 3D tilt-shifted city has a cool, arms-length feeling to it. Very modern and very high tech. It feels like a website of an architecture firm. The overall layout is super clean and has, by and large, excellent margins. Everything has room to breathe. I like how the 3D red and blue imprint adds a splash of color to your otherwise grayscale layout. It really helps attract the eye toward the center part of the composition. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Typographically, I really like the choice of Avant Garde. It compliments the feeling you are establishing with the design and it's rounded bodies and sharp edges give it a deco modern look. Nicely done clipping a part of your name off in the skyscraper.

In fact, the only real issue I see with it is the navigation on the computer version. It's a little close to the top edge; move it about twice as far down as it is now to make it a little more visually comfortable. I also don't think your home button needs to be split up from the rest of the nav bar. Just run the entire nav bar off the right edge like you have the rest of the buttons doing and have the home button be the left most button in the row.

Your zebra with colored lighting has a much more artistic feel to it. It seems like the website of a modern art gallery. Though it shares a lot of the modern feel with the cityscape design, it much warmer and more welsoming. I chalk that up to the subject being an animal as opposed to a city and red being a warmer color. Contrast is the name of the game with this composition and it uses it well. The black, white, and red work well together and the whole composition is easy to read. I like how the red overlays move the eye through the composition on both the mobile and computer versions (both move in counterclockwise ovals). You also use it to great effect in the type to highlight certain words. Avant Garde also work well here, keeping the design modern and not letting it get too warm and homey. Great use of margins throughout.

I see no obvious issues with this design. It's pretty darn good as is.

Nicely done, sir! You have an embarrassment of riches here. Have fun selecting which one you want to work on.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

AWESOME awesome!

I love zebras so I automatically love that design! The transparent, colored shapes add a unique touch!

Your 3D design reminds me of some work I did in high school!! memory lane :) LOVE IT!

After seeing those two and your talent and work put into them, your first design (the black one) seems very boring, lol!

I love your work!
-Kaitlyn Johnson

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love the building one! It's clean and has a great effect on it. You just told me that you make another one. I want to see it!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

clawson

Post by clawson »

Hard to pick a favorite; they are all very dramatic. I like the lighting in the black one. I also liked the zebra with the orange color.
Clara Lawson

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

Tony!
Always impressed in your color choices and images. The 3D effect one is great, the type is a little hard to read though. The Zebra one is fantastic and I think you should go with that one. The color and placement is very good and makes for a clean easy to look at design.
Cant wait to see what else you do with the first one if you decide to go with it. :)
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Anthony,

All of these designs have a great amount of passive space, but I really am digging the feel of the city because of the illusion of depth that it has on my screen. The color choice is professional and the text centering make sense. If there was something I would change it would be to play up the rainbow effect on different parts of the layout when you add more links, maybe this will be something to think about when we learn more about interactive aspects to the layout.

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey Tony,

All of these are super good dude. I like the first one the best though, high quality stuff. The lighting effects are cool and well done and consistent with all elements. Would love to see where this one goes.
Estevan Anaya

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

I love the second concept, the red blue 3d one, it got great layout and colors, I would just say make the body copy type just a few points bigger

Best of luck!!

Tickosity

Post by Tickosity »

I prefer the darker designs of yours, they seem to be more welcoming for viewers in my opinion. The white designs are just hard on my eyes with the buildings being the way they are and so I don't want to look at them too long.
Latham Furman