My roughs have fun!!

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
emilyduke

Re: My roughs have fun!!

Post by emilyduke »

Hey!

I like your artwork, I think both layouts will work really well when created in software, I think the first design is a lot brighter and more friendly, but I do like the tiger.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

Wow. I've read that animation in the website design is more appealing then the photo backdrop. I would see how that is so with you dynamic designs. Ninja webmaster designer are you. :o
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

Jones

Post by Jones »

I really enjoy your art style. The first two images are easiest for me to follow. Though you might explore ways of letting them breath a bit more. They have a scrunched in feel to me. Super fun offerings though! Well done!

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

This really expresses your personality well courtney! i love it! good job!
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like your colors in both examples. your designs have a fun look.
Clara Lawson

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

The art work is nice! I think you just need to find a way to make it flow better with both of your designs. Your text is somewhat hard to notice along with your artwork.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Courtney,

I really like the avatar use in ALL of the designs!!! The body position and the color choice of the first 2 make more sense with the layout, but all are seriously fun to look at.... I want to see more of them :)

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm, interesting. Usually I go for the higher contrast design but I like your first one better. The peach and white really works with your style better than the blue, I think.

Your art style really lends itself well to projects like this. It's very expressive and I can see your sense of fun shining through. Both sets of drawings are very good. For some reason I especially like the miniature tiger as a navigation accent, like he's guiding you through the website. The layout is simple and clean with an easily accessible nav column and tons of space for you to put in whatever content you need to. Your buttons are large and easy to see and use, making navigation a breeze. I suspect you were trying to show a script type on the top bar of your mobile layout, but I actually think a cleaned up version of your signature that slightly bleeds off the edge is a really strong look and one I think you should go for on your real design. It looks neat and adds a texture and reality that fontys just don't have.

I would have preferred these to be laid out in a computer program of some sort so that we could give more precise feedback rather than the shot in the dark stuff from what we can see. The drawings are great and should be incorporated into your proper computer layouts. I can't really give more than a general typographic feedback since the type is sketched in other than to tell you to watch your margins on the navigation.

A good start. Let's see where you go with this.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Courtney,

I like the hand drawn designs. Definitely a very unique feel to it.

Since your layout is all done by hand hard to critique spacing, font choice among other things. I would like the layout to be done more carefully and fonts chosen with purpose. After you have a solid foundation, the drawings would work a lot better. I personally like the first design better. Good luck!
Estevan Anaya

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I like where you're going with the top layout. Can't wait to see how it all comes together!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure