Project 1 preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
jason_hosier

Re: Project 1 preliminary

Post by jason_hosier »

it all works perfectly well as far as your theme. I'm not sure what else to tell ya. looks good.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hi, I really enjoy the first design and like the effect of the rainbow colors in the background image. I also like the geometric figure in the second design as well. Maybe some different fonts could help with the overall theme.
-Tony Giusti

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Cool color combo! Text is a little hard to read with such a busy surrounding, but I’m sure you’ll fix it up nicely in your final!
-Kaitlyn Johnson

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

I would consider the second rough a great layout. I like the shapes used to emphasis the content. The color use is not overwhelming or takes away from the type. The type is a little condensed. Maybe a color or bold italic to grab the viewers attention to your links.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

clawson

Post by clawson »

I like the different images and transparencies in both roughs. In rough 2 the photo didn't fit as well to me, perhaps a border around it.
Clara Lawson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like the first of your two designs.

The rainbow metallic image collage is such a strong background. It immediately establishes visual interest in your website and encourages a deeper look. The colors really help brighten the overall composition. Really good use of margins throughout your layout as well. I like your headline and navigation font. It's very techy, which seems to be the overall theme of the design. The navigation is large, dominant even, and that helps people navigate the site. The layout is very clean and presents it's information simply and easily. It lets it's colors and the great texture of the background image cover the readability portion.

I don't know if you necessarily need the gray boxes behind your content and footer. Your background looks light enough that it shouldn't interfere with your text. Try taking it out and seeing how it looks. You might not even need the transparent blue behind the navigation. Maybe something as simple as a drop shadow would pop your buttons against the background. Your bodycopy seems a little too bold. I think you could go with a lighter/thinner font and be fine.

A nice direction! I want to see what your final artwork will be.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Dana,

I am enjoying the color schemes that were chosen for each of the designs. I actually like the design with separate buttons for the links because it is more consistent with the numbers and squares in the background. It would be really great if you could even make it so the buttons pop up interactively?

At the same time, I am thinking the complexity of the background would make the single nav-bar really useful in contrast to the active background with the font that is in use on this rough. Maybe change up the value contrast a bit?

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

Love the color schemes you chose for both designs. Very pleasing. I'm partial to the second design. The geometric blocks are nice and guide my eye to all the important info. Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I love the colors you choose and how you incorporated the numbers and graphs
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Hey Dana. Layout looks good. Your background reminds me very much like accounting, wall street, maybe consider more graphic design image.
The body copy might be more readable if you had it in a san serif type, just a thought.
Jason Alavez