Preliminary Art Work

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kayla.pressburger

Re: Preliminary Art Work

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I'm really loving the images you used! My personal favorites are the first two designs. The colors and the layouts are really nice, and I love the textures! Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Cool textures, boring font and text boxes. they remind me of library cards. it could really work if you went with that theme tho. Really its a great start and I can't wait to see how it evolves.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice minimalist layouts you've got going here, Kaitlyn. I'd say your ones work a bit better than your twos. They feel like they share more "design language" between the grayscale images and the curvy typwriter font. Explore those.

Your imagery is well chosen on both the mobile and the computer designs. The ink on water looks mysterious, almost like single celled organisms on a microscope slide and the mountains look cold and foreboding. Typographically, you've chosen well. I like the curvy typewriter font. It makes your design look like the opening credits to some supernatural mystery show, like the X-Files or Twin Peaks and adds to the mystery you've established with your photos. You use margins well on both of them. Your navigation is easy to find and easy to use. I like the white box for bodycopy on your computer layout. It's a nice little echo of your navigation and helps establish synergy within your design.

Please try to establish more commonality between your computer and mobile layouts. As long as you establish a common "design language" especially when it comes to type, navigation, and logo, you can use whatever background images you like on each of them. Similar looking navigation, bodycopy, title, and logo will carry you a long way. I'd add a bit of extra leading between the lines of your bodycopy on your computer version. Maybe not as much as you've done on your mobile version, but a bit more room.

Great work! I look forward to seeing the final versions.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I really love the minimalism. :) it is very popular these days. I believe you're name should be a more prominent. Also the graphics images with the photos on the leopard one is very good.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I like where you are going with all of your designs. The minimalist designs are very cool. I'm not seeing a correlation between your web and mobile designs though. I'd like a little more info about you as well!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi! I like the first one. I really like the image. In last one, your lame is little bit hard to see, so maybe you can use different font or change colors.
Yuri Aoki

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

I love them all,
Love the texture and feel of the second one. You might consider playing with transparency of your white rectangle box to is not so solid (just a thought) . Love the scene of the last one.
You have a lot of good things happening in your designs.
Jason Alavez

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Kaitlyn,

I agree with the other students on this one, your texture choices are really minimalist, which makes them captivating and interesting! I have a preference for design 2 and design 3. An improvement point to think about would be to make the font stupid big, I think there could be a fantastic juxtaposition of the background and the type over the top!

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

ciao, I like all your designs actually and haven't been able to choose one over the other, although I really like the leopard one. I don't really have any critique on it though.
-Tony Giusti

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

I really like the first one layout is very nice, i would say play with the contrast with some of your type is very hard to see

Best of luck!