Project One: Preliminary

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kj923

Re: Project One: Preliminary

Post by kj923 »

Your design layouts are very organized and look like you spent a lot of time on them and put in some hard work! Good job.

I think you could go with either layout, but I especially like your mobile layout with the cloud background! Very cool.
-Kaitlyn Johnson

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi! I really like your colors! It is really pretty! One thing I would suggest is find different fonts because some fonts are difficult to read. You did great job:)
Yuri Aoki

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey Terrie,

I think both of your designs have great color schemes, Im drawn to the first two- I think the graphic is really nice! I would suggest making the about me text box a tint of the teal you used? Otherwise, looks good!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the way your organized your images and information. Perhaps explore some fonts that are easier to read at a distance?

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like the pink clouds design best. It has a nice visual texture. It's ~fluffy~! I just have Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker playing in my head when I look at it.

Color choice is actually the real strength of this one. The purple to magenta gradient really helps highlight the clouds and make them look like pink magical mist. The sparkles help with that illusion too. I think the dark teal works well. It's analgous to the purple and works well with it. It also doesn't clash too badly with the magenta. You've done a good job with your type, too. The script in particular is very strong and helps establish a sense of fantastic whimsy. And somehow I can read it? Weird. Your bodycopy is a clean sans-serif that is not that out of place with the design. The layout is clean and generally has good margins which is why it can use a script type and a background pattern and still be very legible. And the clouds are nice. Did I mention the clouds?

I think you ran into the same problem that Ronnie did. I bet your files are set up as 300dpi and that made your bodycopy type super tiny. Feel free to enlarge it as necessary. Watch your left margin on your bodycopy on the phone layout. It's too tight against the image. Maybe make it the same width as your gutter. Also, put a space between each of your paragraphs on your phone layout. I don't think your type needs a box behind it on your computer layout. I think it can be seen against your background just fine. I also don't think you need the light blue boxes around your buttons. I think the script type makes nice buttons against your teal navigation bar all on it's own.

Good effort! I look forward to seeing the final version.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

These both reflect your style soooo much!!!! I love the color choices but I like the first set rather then the second.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi Terri,

I am enjoying both of the design layouts you have posted :). I have a preference to the 2nd layout because of the contrast it has with the photograph chosen. An improvement point from me would be to choose a different size font in to make the text more readable, or perhaps change the spacing on the margins? Great aesthetic choices!

Best,

Rachel
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hey, I really like the bottom design and especially the colors you picked for the design. It reminds me on mint chocolates which is good, so I would say the design is good.
-Tony Giusti

Zera-Chann

Post by Zera-Chann »

Hey Girl! I love the colors of the first! Colors are great layout is nice! I would say just change the typeface on the body copy

Good luck!!

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love the nature layout! The shape you used for the nav bar is interesting and cool. The typeface you used is hard to read though. I'd play around with it. It's ok for your name, but for the other stuff I'd use a sans serif font. Awesome photo too!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure