project 1 final mobile

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
veronica chapman

project 1 final mobile

Post by veronica chapman »

this is what I decided on for this project. I took everyone's opinions to hart. I already have other ideas so I hope we are not locked into these designs for future projects.
Attachments
web
web
mobile
mobile

Drakula

Re: project 1 final mobile

Post by Drakula »

Hey Veronica,

I like your embellishments, they keep the eye flowing throughout your layout. The background texture is nice, and works well with the images on your page. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Hi Ronny, i like the slightly spooky vibe you have going here. id stick with it. :)
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh, pretty pretty purple. Nicely done, Ronnie.

The complimentary color scheme with a splash of black is still working nicely here. Purple and yellow is one of the strongest complementary color sets in my opinion as well, particularly on the darker end. I actually kind of like the linework too. It moves your eye around the composition very nicely. Your larger and more concise bodycopy is a real improvement too. Good use of justification to turn the type into extra "blocks" for your layout. The slightly wider top and bottom margin on your nav is working well. I like the enlarged dropcap first letters. They add a nice bit of visual interest.

I think the images could be even bigger than you have them now. Also, you could stand to go a little bigger/bolder on your bodycopy. I'm curious to see how it plays out when you make it in HTML.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey Veronica,

I like the improvements you made!

Do you have two different sizes of body copy? Watch out for that.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

I'm not sure why but this layout reminds me of Lost Boys. You've used some great eye catching images and have done a great job with balance and creating and well organized design. The colors are attention grabbing.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I love the complimentary colors of your design but I think your body copy needs to be bolder. It kind of gets lost in your background image.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These are nice, the yellow font color actually works really well and the whole layout looks very clean.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

This has definitely improved from first critique! All of your type is so easy to read, the only thing is that having the colors the same contrast kinda strains your eyes. Nice job tho!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

I am very intrigued on how you created the texture in the background. I want more of it!!!
It is really cool that your name takes like a third of the screen!!
Agostina From Argentina