Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Drakula

Project 1 Final

Post by Drakula »

Hello,

This was a great project for learning new things, like realizing Photoshop needs a separate layer for EVERYTHING. After becoming much more confident with the software, my ideas had a better chance to come to fruition. From the preliminary critique, I saw that the fonts needed changing and an lot more simplification needed to take place. From further research included in the links below, I found that the best method was to keep things simple and legible given the background has a very strong image. These layouts solve the needs of project one by first displaying all of the required information, and second keeping it simple enough to add or build as necessary as the coming projects are assigned.

1. https://www.creativebloq.com/web-design ... out-812625
2. https://uxplanet.org/10-tips-on-typogra ... a378f4aa0d

Thank you all for your input on the preliminary, it was very useful!
Attachments
pr-1-final-web.jpg
pr-1-final-mobile.jpg
Dana Drakulich-King

jason_hosier

Re: Project 1 Final

Post by jason_hosier »

Your website does a good job of showing what your interests are and where you are going. It looks good but with some lines to brake up the page it might direct the eye better. Anywho, great work. keep it up.
Last edited by jason_hosier on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I like how simple and straightforward your designs are! I also love how you used your background image as a prominent part of your design. It adds just the right amount of color. You might try making your name a little bigger and your menu buttons a little smaller!
Kayla Pressburger

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Hi Dana!!

I like the background of your site a lot, it's very intriguing to look at even though to me it just looks like a bunch of numbers haha. I would recommend making your body copy and photo a bit bigger and centered to the page in your mobile version. Nice job!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Hey,

Like the changes you made! Colors work well as well as overall layout.

I still think there's a lot of room for creativity here. How can you blend graphics AND business into your aesthetic? Creative fonts will help with that.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

So cool! Reminds me of Hackers. I like the unique images and how it allows us to see a personal side of your life. The background image is great in color and also how it leads the eye through the design. Well done!

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like the background image. It’s very colorful and fun.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Looking very clean there, Dana. Good work!

That background image really is pretty slick. It takes care of establishing color and visual interest so you can concentrate on doing a clean, informative layout that is easy to use and pull info from. It looks much better without all the semi-transparent blocking you had on it in your preliminary version. I like how you moved the image drop shadow so far away it makes another shape. That adds a nice little touch of visual interest as well. Good use of margins throughout your whole composition too. Everything has room to breathe. Your typeface is well chosen and using just a slightly bolder version as your headline/navigation text is working well.

I would probably have made the type drop shadows a little bit closer to the type. The gapping is creating a little bit of visual dissonance.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Dana,
I really like the picture of you and your daughter, its really sweet. The background texture and colors you chose are really good.
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

i have to say, the drop shadow works with that background!! I like the colors and the simple layout.
Agostina From Argentina