Project 1 Final Versions

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Jackal

Project 1 Final Versions

Post by Jackal »

Hi!!! I'm Jackal.

For my two informational websites I chose:
https://theblog.adobe.com/12-dos-donts-web-design-2/
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2017/10 ... eb-design/

In the first one it highlights web design as a whole, the one thing that stood out to be was to be consistent. Sometimes there are too many good ideas, so it's good to stay with the same colors/details so the website comes together nicely. The second article I found extremely informational, because it was specifically about minimalism in web design. I really love minimal design and it had lots of good tips so 10/10, would recommend. One thing I had to work on with tips from this was having just one focal point. In my first few designs I feel like I tried to draw the attention to too many places, so in my final I stuck with using one really striking image that also matched my color scheme.

I think my designs solved the project because the website reflects me as a person and they look more like websites than when I first started off designing them. I chose the colors I did because I've always been drawn to bright reds in photos, blue is one of my favorite colors, and I felt like the contrast of both of these colors black looked really cool! The final image I chose of the sun setting over what seems like imaginary water is because, again, it went with my color scheme. I'm also a leo and the sun is my zodiac signs ruling planet aka the one object in space I'm drawn to the most.

Thx for taking the time to look at my stuff!! :>
(Even tho it's for a grade)
Attachments
desktop.png
mobile_final.png
mobile_final_nav.png
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

kayla.pressburger

Re: Project 1 Final Versions

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Your designs are so interesting to look at! I love how you combined the two designs from your roughs. All of the design elements are balanced really nicely. You might want to pull some of the words closer together on parts of your bodycopy to make it flow better. Other than that, nice job! (:
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Hi Jackal,

Your layouts are visually stunning! I immediately want to know more about your site, and your logo is super cool. Great job!
Dana Drakulich-King

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

Hey! These designs are awesome! I like how you simplified your design and narrowed down to one image/focal point and the colors are really eye-catching. Great job!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

matt

Post by matt »

whoa!
these turned out bad ass! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I like everything about it . nice use of the spacing around the gutters too. I think this is the best thing I've seen you do so far! you're pretty good at this stuff! Only comment that could help to improve your design is to move those icons of the mobile design, somewhere toward the bottom possibly in the footer area. I think that the white icons totally distract from the sleek minimalistic design that you've developed. They really don't belong there and clutter up your space. this is really good tho! Super star! :D
Matty James

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Really great design and composition Jackyl. Did you mean for the L in your title to overlap with the ellipse in the mobile version? it changes color and I was just interested in whether or not that was intentional. looks great tho.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

anayaestevan

Post by anayaestevan »

Jackal,

These are great! Very interesting to look at! I love the use of placement and type for your header. Looks really professional!

Only thing is I would watch for alignments, some of your elements look a little off in relation to the others. Great job overall.
Estevan Anaya

Jones

Post by Jones »

I'm initially drawn more to the first two designs. I like the colors, the image choice and the flow of the information.

Well done!

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

The big red setting sun drew me in immediately and and I was filled with this desire to know more about you as a designer. Good work!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

the way you have stylized your name is so cool!!! I wish I could do something like that with my name. maybe Ill hire you to make me something!!
Agostina From Argentina