proj. 1 final-critique-friday

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kj923

Re: proj. 1 final-critique-friday

Post by kj923 »

Hi Racheal, very cool design

I would suggest replacing “resources” with another word like “links” or just “sources”. This way, it won’t feel so squished in your music note :) ORR you could make the music notes different sizes and the one holding “resources” could be bigger so the words fits in one line!

Just some food for thought! Very nice work! :)
-Kaitlyn Johnson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Wow! This is bright and colorful and all over the place.

Your logo is fantastic. Such a neat repurposing of musical symbology. It looks like some kind of midcentury Worlds Fair expo sign if you didn't know it was sheet music characters. The blues (music pun) and the magenta work well together. Just too cool. That background image is pretty neat too. It makes for a great visual texture and says volumes about you without having to use a single word. I also like the color interaction between the huckleberry, yellow, and salmon boxes around your bodycopy. They work together and with the blues in your fun logo. Your icon based navigation works well. I like the use of sans-serif type in the bodycopy and to label the navigation icons. It's clean and modern and bright, like what you're going for in your design.

Unfortunately, along with being bright and colorful, the whole design is way too chaotic. Too many colors and too many objects. I think you could have done just fine with just three or four colors. The flute image clashes with the background image; I think your background image would have been enough. Also, the word "Resources" is hyphenated in one of your buttons. Buttons should be sized to the largest word. Instead of outlining the type, I think it would have looked better if the type was white against your colors. It would have looked a little more unified if your name up at the top was the same font as the word "Art" in the logo.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

I really like your retro and colorful art style that you've got going on here, its super unique. Great job!! I do think that clarinet photo is sort of out of place.
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hey, I like the musical aspect of your designs and how the notes will interact with the page. I think the colors work well and it fits all together.
-Tony Giusti

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I really like your layout! The music notes are a nice touch. Great work.
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Hi Rachel :)
Very artistic, very creative. I like your background image, very nice.
I would say that you instrument photo looks a bit forced in your composition. Maybe also think about reducing the size of your email, phone and TMCC logo so they don't take away from the layout. Just a thought.
Jason Alavez

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Rachel,
I really like your colors in the design. Its really playful and fun to look at.
Good Job!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I like that you made your name larger. You should check your margins on you body copy for your web design. Your colors are wonderful, but maybe using the same color for you navigation buttons might work better. I love that your navigation buttons are musical notes.

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

Hi,
I like your color choice a lot. The interactive music notes could go bigger too. These are neat.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College