Project 1 Final Draft

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
agostina_renau

Re: Project 1 Final Draft

Post by agostina_renau »

awww those succulents are so calming.. ômmmm
I feel like I can reach out and grab them!, I love it.
Agostina From Argentina

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooof. I like your new ideas. Such a good use of contrast and color.

The contrast really serves to drag the eye down to the photography in the lower center right. And the succulents provide a refreshing splash of color that keeps the page from getting too stark. I like your navigation and titling fonts choice. It looks suitably antique to go with the black and white photos, but modern enough to go with the clean white layout. It almost looks typewritten. Your navigation is large and easy to find/use. Along with establishing visual dominance the black image bar also looks a bit like a page from a photo gallery. You've also used proximity to create three solid blocks of objects that are interconnected by the large succulent image on the left.

I think rotating/moving the right succulent up a bit and having it clip the edges of your photo area would add a little bit more depth. A lighter font would have worked a little better for your bodycopy. Right now it's a little heavy. Your navigation buttons have different amounts of space between them.

Nice job.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the pictures that you chose. Maybe it is just for me, but some part is little hard to read such as email.
Yuri Aoki

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Love your limited color palette, and I love succulents too! The site is very easy to navigate and its easy on the eye, Great job!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Kaitlyn your photos and beautiful and the clipping mask to outline your flowers look outstanding!
I love your description of self and your overall layout.
If I was to give you something to think about, maybe the type choice used for your self-description, something more legible, san serif?
Jason Alavez

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love succulents, so this design really caught my eye! Love the simplicity as well. Awesome job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The images are really great! I still want to up the ante on your name though? (maybe just me) The body-copy is interesting that each line starts with the same letter, but it makes me want to see the text alignment as a cascade or to have a different weight because of the right edges.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hello, I really like how you used the flowers to work with the page, and almost give it a 3D effect with them. It looks really cool.
-Tony Giusti

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

really nice. I might remove the black box behind the photos and let your flower petals drape over a little on the edges.

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Kaitlyn,
I really like your layout, its really beautiful.
Jaime
Jaime Ramey