Project 1 Final Versions

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
kj923

Re: Project 1 Final Versions

Post by kj923 »

Hi Jackal, your designs are really satisfying!! I like how your social media logos are on the bottom of your web layout… maybe you could that the same in the mobile one as well??
-Kaitlyn Johnson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh nice! This is markedly better then either of your roughs. Well done, Jackal.

That setting sun is just such a strong motif. It immediately grabs the eye and then radiates it to the other parts of the design. The posterization lends it an interesting 80's retro effect. Been watching a little "Apocalypse Now" or "Force Awakens" recently, I see. Your color selection is similarly great. The orange, red, blue-gray, white, and black work so well together. What white there is really stands out against the rich black background. The layout is simple and clean and to the point. You've used margins generally quite well throughout the whole layout. Proximity, too. I see two object groups; each serving a different purpose and providing a different functionality. I like the use of transparency in your collapsible nav on your mobile design. It adds a little extra texture to this whole thing. Your bodycopy type compliments the type in your logo. A layout this clean should be pretty straightforward to build in HTML.

Most of my issues are just nitpicks, really. Raise up the buttons a touch in your nav so that th bttom and top margins are equal. Enlarge "Reyes-Aguillon" a touch and move it to the right a touch so that the left edge corresponds with the left edge of the first "A" in "Jackal" and it's left edge is the same as the left edge of your jackal logomark. Also, scoot your bodycopy a touch to the left so it shares a left edge with that same first "A" in "Jackal".

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

Hey Jackal!!
I love that when I look at these designs I instantly see you in them haha, The art is super mysterious (just like you) great job!!!!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The color choices and effects with alignment are really pleasing to the eye! I enjoy your name/logo and the fade of the sun. Just wondering about the navigation, I think the arrow is a great idea, but now I am wondering if the hidden panel thingy is supposed to be the three lines?
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I love Jackal designs! You always surprise me with your creativity and how you think outside the box. As always - awesome work!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Jackal, awesome!!! Sexy! Love it all, great layout. The only suggestion would be to maybe think about your body copy typeface choice, something more legible instead of typewriter type. Again, love it all!
Jason Alavez

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

The artwork is great! Is it your own? Either way, very nice.

Jaime Ramey

Post by Jaime Ramey »

Hi Jackal,
I really like your design. I like that way you have designed your name.
Nice Job!
Jaime
Jaime Ramey