web project 1 final version

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
agostina_renau

Re: web project 1 final version

Post by agostina_renau »

wait, should I start calling you jay??
I think I will stick to jason.
I think it is so cool that you have such a defined style. to me that is the hardest thing!! congrats.
Agostina From Argentina

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Looks great!! I like the changes you made from your rough drafts. It looks very clean and complete now
-Kaitlyn Johnson

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

That hand painted background is so strong. It adds such a neat visual texture to this whole composition. I like your use of transparency too. It lets that neat background shine through. One of the neat things your really pulled off on this one is playing with edges. Your semi-transparent top bar in particular really shows this off. The buttons tab down below the edge of the banner and it adds a fun bit of extra visual pizzazz to the design. Nice use of the painting's colors in your layout too. It really helps tie everything together.

Your bottom buttons on your mobile design are different widths and blend into your background photo a bit. Also, you have a large gap on the right side of your mobile design. I get that you want to show off the painting (it's cool), but it's a lot of room that you could put page content in. The margins between the icons in your footer and the edge of the footer are a little tight. Your bottom buttons are a little close to the footer on your computer layout and your name is a little close to the edge of the transparent top bar on your computer version.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

I really like your art that you used as the background! It adds to the aesthetic of the design and makes it super unique!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Your artwork is really cool! I like the buttons? that you made.
Yuri Aoki

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The background is very striking, if I came across your portfolio I would definitely stick around to toggle through more pages. The only thing I am wondering about is what the toggle buttons will be used for, maybe as others have suggested, make the navigation more obvious?
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

giusti56

Post by giusti56 »

Hello, I really enjoy the abstract feel of the image and how it goes with your page layout. I think it works well overall.
-Tony Giusti

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I really like your layout. I think the art on the computer version looks off center. maybe move it to the left? Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Big_DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Hey Jason,
Love the layout and the artwork. I think your desktop version has a lot of rectangles that are minimizing the view of that great art piece. Maybe getting rid of some of those rectangles of making them smaller to really showcase your piece.
Jason Alavez

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I love your artwork. Is it your own? My only suggestion is maybe play with the alignment on your body copy.