Project 2 Plastic Surgery prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
themeg98

Project 2 Plastic Surgery prelim

Post by themeg98 »

Good evening,
Here is my “god awful website”
http://edcatahoulas.tripod.com I’m honestly appalled that a website THIS OUTDATED still EXISTS!
My main goal was to simplify and bring this website into this century! The competitors I found were
http://windyhillcatahoulas.com and http://www.countylinecatahoulas.com both websites were very up to date and were more picture based rather than stuffing your eyes full of information. My inspiration was actually http://www.countylinecatahoulas.com due to the large images and smooth scrolling.

ENJOY THE CUTENESS!!!!! (I'm in dire need of help of designing better buttons on the green layout)
Attachments
ps-surgery-1-page.jpg
ps-mobile1.jpg
plastic-surgery1.jpg
plastic-surgery-moblie1-page.jpg
ps-mobile2-page.jpg
ps-2-page.jpg
plastic-surgery2.jpg
plastic-surgery-mobile2.jpg
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

Jones

Re: Project 2 Plastic Surgery prelim

Post by Jones »

I'm drawn to the last two the most. They have a classy look to them and are easy on the eye. The images are great. I like the use of white space.

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Yay! Puppies! I'm loving your second design since it has really nice colors and a clean, minimalist layout. It also makes me want to look at puppies all day. My only suggestion is to align all the type on your menu in your second homepages. Nice work!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Wow, what a bad website!! Nice job on your layouts, the last designs are definitely my favorite. The home page really warms my heart, I want to take the puppy home. The second layouts have the most sophistication, while the first have a very cute quality which could also work maybe with some portion adjustments.
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Wow... That website is bad and the green is intrusive... The second design is my favorite. It is very clean cut and professional. A drastic improvement on the old website.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

These designs are great, I really like the 2nd design, the white layout is so clean and modern! I also love the focus on the dog itself.... so cute.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

I like the composition on the second design more for the typography and color scheme with the image of the puppy, it emphasizes the interesting eye color. This is well done with the darker color type on the left and the lighter color on the right of the image :) The only thing I am noticing is the alignment, just need to look at the navigation items.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Awwww! This one's about puppies.

I like your "plastic-surgery2.jpg". That home page is fantastic. It looks like the cover of a high class coffee table book and immediately makes the user want to find out more. Textbook use of whitespace. That picture is just great. It's adorable, well shot, and intriguing, a perfect combo. I think my favorite little detail of it is that you use colors from the puppy's coat in all your graphics. Your type is well selected too. It works great as title type, navigation type, and bodycopy. The inner pages are super clean and have a ton of photos, which is great. Each picture is worth many pages of text content. Your navigation is well placed and easy to see and use. I like the placement of the home button next to the puppy, above and away from the navigation.

Make sure the navigation all has the same baseline and that your buttons have the same space between them. I'd make the dotted lines around your chat and gallery icons the same color as the icons themselves. I don't think your inner page needs the gray green in the top bar. I think pulling the gray green and making the outline rectangle a pale warm gray would work fine. Maybe see what your bodycopy looks like with justified type. I'm not 100% sure it's work, but worth a look.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

I like plastic-surgery1 and the mobile1. They are my favorite. all of your elements are great.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

evexhouses

Post by evexhouses »

What an awful original website you found *barf* I really like the last designs! They are super modern (which is what that cite needs lol) and easy to navigate! It also puts emphasis on the puppies!
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez