project two / agostina renaud / roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
agostina_renau

project two / agostina renaud / roughs

Post by agostina_renau »

hello everybody!!
I love moo dang, not as much as the golden flower but.. off topic.
Unfortunately I don't know much about thai culture in general, so I don't want to be disrespectful, but when I do more research I will take more risks in my design. But for now, I just want to show the opposite of their current website. please do check it out, http://www.thaimoodang.com
it has too many colors going and just too much variety of everything.
I hope I can improve my designs as we learn more awesome things through out the semester.
Attachments
mockup-1-mobile.png
mockup-2-mobile.png
mockup-2.png
mockup-1.png
Agostina From Argentina

kayla.pressburger

Re: project two / agostina renaud / roughs

Post by kayla.pressburger »

These are a hundred times better than the original website. The original website made me die a little inside, but these are a huge contrast and I really like them. They're clean and straightforward, and it's clear what the website is about. Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

These layouts made me want to go to the restaurant, very appetizing. The middle lay outs seem to be the most inviting, I feel like I'm part of the atmosphere at a glance. Good work!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like the first design better, that other website had... issues.... the logo alone made me want to gouge my eyes out. Good job on making a mess look organized.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

These are awesome, I really like both of them, but I like the 1st design the best (the teal/green colored one) The images look really great and its very clean and easy to navigate. If you choose the black design I would suggest brightening the image a bit, its a little too dark.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Amazing transformation! Both designs are well done, I prefer the teal accents to the darker page. This is mostly because food sells better with lighter backgrounds! The new logo font feels more earthy with this layout and the image background with images is a fun emphasis.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like all of these! They make me hungry. The color scheme is great and images are fantastic. Easy to navigate. I don't have any suggestions really. They look great for me. Larger font...? Maybe?

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I prefer your first example. very elegant.

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Huh interesting. Usually I'm a sucker for a big dark image with white text over the top. But I actually like your "mockup-1.png" better. I think it's the faint use of the image as a background texture. I keep telling people to do it, but they seldom do. It's a seriously strong look and I'm going to direct them here to see a textbook example. Very nice! Good use of color throughout the design. The white, gray-green, and yellow work well together, both to give an Asian feel and to stay relatively inconspicuous so the imagery may provide all the color and be visually dominant. Speaking of the imagery, each picture is perfectly chosen and look delicious. Nice typographic selection as well. Your logo type is note perfect and the sans-serif navigation and bodycopy font is clean, light, easy to read, and does not dominate your delicious images too much. Great use of margins and proximity in your design too.

Too bad you didn't post an inner page. I would like to have seen what you would have done with more information dense pages on the inside of the website. You have a lot of room on your mobile version for the navigation buttons, as is correct, but I feel you could have done something more with the buttons themselves, bigger type and some sort of images or background texture at the very least.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

oh man, thai food is my favorite so as soon as i see these images my judgement goes out the window. it all looks good. lol.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."