proj-02-rough-critique

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
raton de biblioteca

proj-02-rough-critique

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Hi all,

The website under current surgical reconstruction: the TOCCATA orchestra website.

The competitive websites belong to the Reno Philharmonic Orchestra, the Reno Pops Orchestra, and the Reno Chamber Orchestra.

Best,

Rachel
Attachments
toccata-website-home-v02.png
toccata-mobile-website-home-v02.png
toccata-website-about-v02.png
toccata-mobile-website-about-v02.png
toccata-website-home-v01.png
toccata-mobile-website-home-v01.png
toccata-website-about-v01.png
toccata-mobile-website-about-v01.png
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

kayla.pressburger

Re: proj-02-rough-critique

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I like these! Your second design is very clean, but I think your first design is the most visually interesting. The colors in your second design go together really nicely, and the main image is really cool. It looks like on your mobile version you have your script font going vertically next to the dates, which makes it difficult to read. You might try putting it above the dates?
Kayla Pressburger

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

What a cool website to redo and much needed too! The first layout home page combined with the second content page stick out the most to me. The home page is very interesting and establishes the mood of the site very well. The content page of the second is very easy to navigate while keeping a very sophisticated look. good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like the first design better but I think that it will be hard to read the type over the images. I might suggest putting a drop shadow under the type or something else to create contrast.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

This would be a fun website to redo! I like the first design, the images are eye catching and I like the soft colors and type, Im not sure why some things are overlapping, but other than that I like how the dates look on top of the image.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I like where you're going here.

I like your "v02" design the best. It has good contrast and a fantastic image. The image is so good that I don't think it should be a background image. I really like your centered logo surrounded by navigation. That's a strong choice and it works well in your clean, high contrast top bar. Good use of your navigation to highlight what inner page you are on too. I also like how your two logo fonts interact. I think you could really play with those two fonts throughout your design to make some interesting effects. Nice use of contrast at points throughout your design. Your white, black, and mint colors really play off each other nicely.

Rather than using the conductor image as a background and having your content be all over the top of him, why don't you lay your content around him or have a white area for your content like you do on your mobile homepage design. I also think you have a font too many. I'd stick with your logo type, your sans-serif type, and your script type as an accent. No need for the vertical colored bars. They add needless extra colors and complexity. I don't think your inner page needs that blue box behind the text. I'd also recommend adding in some additional images to your inner pages as well.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

i can tell you are making great progress! i think you will do something great with this. the big pictures really pull it together so dont leave them on the cutting room floor.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Jones

Post by Jones »

I am partial to the first one, mainly because of the image you selected. It is interesting and helps me want to look into the site more. Perhaps work with larger type and different bars/different color choices to organize information?

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I like the first set better since they use the space effectively and have more imagery for the eye to enjoy.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the colors and image that you used. I like first design. One suggestion would make fonts little bigger. I think it is a little bit hard to read now.
Yuri Aoki