Project 2 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
evexhouses

Project 2 Prelim

Post by evexhouses »

The website that I chose to recreate was author of the Hunger Games Suzanne Collin's site http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/ for obvious reasons. Haha, The site looks like it hasn't been updated in years and like Micheal said, you'd think with all the money she's made she would be able to pay someone to make her a decent website! I also saw that she had tons of outdated photos and info so I cut out most of it. And I kept the yellow/orange color that was already on the original site just to keep something from the old one.
Attachments
web-1.jpg
web-1-inner.jpg
mobile-1.jpg
mobile-1-inner.jpg
web-2.jpg
web-2-inner.jpg
mobile-2.jpg
mobile-2-inner.jpg
~"Graphic Design is my passion" -idk

-Evelyn Lopez

Drakula

Re: Project 2 Prelim

Post by Drakula »

Wow, that website was bad!! Cool layouts, I prefer the second set of designs. One suggestion would be to tone down your color pallet a little, and simplify the shapes a bit more. It's much better then the original. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Wow! I can't believe a famous author like her has such a crap website.... Overall I like the look and feel of the second design more. It has a more interesting and professional feel to it that should come from a famous Author like Suzzane Collins. Much better than the original.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

These are so clean and pretty! I really love the colors and the soft gradients you used. I think your first design fits a little better for an author’s website. The white bar at the top stands out a little too much in my opinion, so you may consider changing the color. Really nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

These are great! I love the simplicity, I also like the addition of reviews being on the site. I agree with the others that said the white bar is a little strong and catches my eye, maybe try toning it down or making it transparent over the gradient? I like the first design a lot!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Wuh, Wut!? Your designs have no comparison to the existing website. The color schemes and interesting font choices go well together. I prefer the second set for the emphasis of the author with her image more than the emphasis of the book cover. AND the navigation popping out like notes in a book inspires me :)
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Jones

Post by Jones »

I like the second design the most. It seems more appropriate for the author... meaning the color scheme fits her being the main image better than Hunger Games book. I like how clean and organized it looks while being easy to get what is going on. Looks good!

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I really like your second design. It is really clean and I like how you organized everything. One suggestion would be changing color like others said.
Yuri Aoki

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

big improvement. I really like the first set of designs, they seem somehow more calming.

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

Wow, the peach color choice is really great. I am a reader so just by knowing other websites with a similar theme i think you have done a good job with the aesthetics and design. looks like a book website!
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."