Project 2 Rough

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
hiitsyuri24

Project 2 Rough

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

Hi everyone. I do not really have a specific reason and just chose what I think a badly designed website is. Here is the original website https://web.archive.org/web/20180116122 ... haus.info/. I was inspired by these websites https://www.ililinyc.com/ and https://www.deathandcompany.com/.
Attachments
phone-home-1.jpg
phone-inside-page-1.jpg
web-home-1.jpg
website-inside-page-1.jpg
phone-home-2.jpg
phone-inside-page-2.jpg
web-home-2.jpg
web-inside-page-2.jpg
Yuri Aoki

Drakula

Re: Project 2 Rough

Post by Drakula »

Oh my, that's probably the worst website. I really like the content page with the beer in the background, it conveys the purpose of the site very well. The home page with brick wall is very cool, but misleading. A suggestion would be to have a brick wall with a table full of sausage and beer or people eating or something. can't wait to be hungry by your designs!
Dana Drakulich-King

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

I really like how you incorporated the bricks from the original in your first design, only made them look nice. Your second design is really nice, especially your second page.

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

These are definitely an improvement from the first designs! I like how the faded brick image looks a lot and think that pairs great with what the website is about, but it does look a bit empty with just the type in the middle of the page. I still prefer the first design though!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

Both designs are strong. -I feel conflicted that I like them both so much! I agree with the others, the brick being incorporated from the old design is a fun choice, but the high res image of the outer facade of the restaurant is very striking as a place that would be good food destination! Sigh... I think in my explanation, I would choose the second set of designs! I can't wait to see the final composition!
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Jones

Post by Jones »

First two got my vote. I like the texture on the wall. Perhaps make the print bigger so the scrip font is easier to read? The second option is also good, but the first one looks the most modern. Nice job.

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I’m liking both of your designs! I really like your menu page on your second design with the beers in the background. The bricks in your first design give off a bar/pub vibe, but I think you could add pictures to express more of that. Also the font you used for the logo is really nice. Looking forward to seeing the final website!
Kayla Pressburger

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like your first design with the brick wall more, it just speaks to me.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

The brick walls are a nice texture. The yellow/red combo in the second set may be a little to screaming.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I was wondering what your solutions to this thing would be. Interesting. Interesting, indeed.

My favorite is your "web-home-1.jpg" design. The brick background is very strong. It provides a great texture to set things off against, but it's light enough you should be able to set anything against it without the texture interfering at all. Your layout is super simple, clean, and easy to pull information from. Since it has such a good background image, you can afford to be understated and simple with the layout. It does a good job of communicating what info you've put in it so far. I like your logo type too. It makes the place feel upscale. The bodycopy works too. It feels modern and urban, but not edgy. It feels very welcoming and it's very easy to read. Your nav is easy to see and use and I like how you made it a divider between the body and the content. I also like the highlighted button to make reservations. Good subliminal advertising!

What your design needs is imagery. You've got a good start with the brick back, but you need pictures of what a Bavarian restaurant looks like as well as some food and beer pictures (like your other design has). Gotta make your potential customers hungry/thirsty! Also, you don't need the dark box behind your type on the inner page. Your type will show fine against that light brick image. And don't forget to make sure to center the navigation. I'd add more contact info at the top than just the address too.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173