Project 2 Jason, Big DaDdy

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Big_DaDdy

Project 2 Jason, Big DaDdy

Post by Big_DaDdy »

Well my bad website was: http://traffic4builders.com/ it is a sign shop that goes by the name of "The Sign Outlet" here in Reno (check it out!!! )
So this website was so terrible that I could not bare myself to use any of their photos or much of anything really! Enjoy.

Here are two competitors:
First, we have FAST SIGNS, https://www.fastsigns.com/84-reno-nv?ut ... content=84
Fast Signs has locations around the world, including Reno, NV.

Second, we have Julies Sign Shop, https://www.thesignchicks.com/
Known for quality work here in town.

Inspiration came from many places, lots of research in layouts and my own thumbnails, here are two:
1. https://layoutsigns.com/
2. https://www.shopify.com/partners/blog/7 ... nspiration
Attachments
concept02-mobile-homepage.jpg
concept02-mobile-navigation-page.jpg
concept02-desktop-homepage.jpg
concept02-desktop-navigation-page.jpg
concept01-mobile-homepage.jpg
concept01-mobile-navigation-page.jpg
concept01-desktop-homepage.jpg
concept01-desktop-navigation-page.jpg
Jason Alavez

agostina_renau

Re: Project 2 Jason, Big DaDdy

Post by agostina_renau »

Hi Jason,
If I didn't read your introduction it would have taken me a minute to realize what the website is selling, because to show examples of what they do, you have to show other things like cars and flags. But the name in the logo makes it pretty clear. good job bud.
Agostina From Argentina

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

Man, the website you chose is just... ew. And their logo is going to give me nightmares. But your designs are a huge improvement, and they definitely add class to their business. I’m most drawn to your first concept since it conveys what the website is about a bit better. Plus it looks like you’re planning on adding some scrolling which will look really nice. Nice job!
Kayla Pressburger

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

These are definitely an improvement! I like the first concept a lot, especially the 2nd layout with the different posters, that gives me a strong idea of what the company is about and the range it has, its also eye catching.
Starfish ✩ emily duke

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

I really like the concept02 that you have posted with the different quadrants for each style of poster/sign graphic that is available. Both concepts are well done, but I like the quadrants more because the emphasis looks more like a car decal company than an overall sign and graphic service.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Jones

Post by Jones »

I really like the image of the astronaut, but as a whole the second series is my favorite. I like the color choices. The balance and order of the design is easy to navigate. Well done!

veronica chapman

Post by veronica chapman »

what a huge improvement! I love the second design, extremely cool. but I think at first glance it appears to be more about cool cars then signs. maybe you could merge the two designs somehow.

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I like your top designs better, the layout of them just seems to flow better.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

The sign company would still be a great opportunity to make the signs more interactive. cant go wrong with cool cars or puppies. lol
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Very nice! Yes, your previous one deserved to have all of it's imagery and colors and, well just about everything that wasn't basic content stripped from it.

My favorite design is "concept01-desktop-navigation-page.jpg". Yes, I know it's an inner page, but I feel like a lot of what you're doing here can be reflected back onto it's homepage. The orange strip top creates a great top framing device which I think would look just as good on the homepage too. All of your colors are well chosen. They create great contrast and highlight things for the eye to look at as it moves from place to place in the layout. I like the semi transparent photo in the footer. I think that would look good one the homepage too, with maybe different photos for different pages. Your fonts are well chosen. The logo font and navigation font work well together. They feel industrial and that works with your design and this company's specialty. Because it's a grid layout, your design translates easily to mobile without losing any of the design effect you're going for. Also, that Lambo is badass. Just sayin'.

Make sure your logo aligns with the right edge of your layout the way your navigation aligns with the left. The newsletter sign up bodycopy feels a little bold to me. That font works well for your titles and secondary nav, but as copy, it's a little bold.

Great job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173