Project 2 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Stasiavous

Project 2 Roughs

Post by Stasiavous »

Hello all! A friend of mine owns this company and has been asking me to redesign his site for over a year now. I haven't had time with school though. He likes colorful and simple. His is a disaster now. http://www.gelshotz.com

Let me know what you think!

Thank you! - Staci
Attachments
grc-175-project-02-version1-saw-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-version1-innerpage-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-mobile-version1-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-inner-mobile-version1-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-version2-saw-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-version2-innerpage-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-mobile-version2-gelshotz.jpg
grc-175-project-02-inner-mobile-version2-gelshotz.jpg
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 2 Roughs

Post by Instructor »

Oooh, nice! I'm getting hungry just looking at those. "Non-boozers" lol! :lol:

I like the first set of designs best. I think it's the cleanliness. The white background photo with the colored shooters shows the product well and establishes an open, clean feel that the rest of the website takes and runs with. The layout is simple but open with good margins, and a strong sense of branding. I like the large, left placed logo and the slogan at the bottom. They act as framing devices and establish the branding of the company as fun, joyous, and allergic to seriousness. Nice placement on the navigation too. It's easy to find and use.

Watch the top and bottom margins on your content block. Right now your bodycopy and title are too close. I think the content area would look better with rounded edges on the semi-transparent rectangle. I'm not sure your inner page content area needs to be blue. Or, at least, make the blue transparent, like the gray on the home page.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

emilyduke

Post by emilyduke »

These are definitely an improvement! I like the simplicity of the first design, I think the last ones are a little cluttered. I like the colorfulness- I think you could test out a more fun type style to fit the vibe of the site!
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Drakula

Post by Drakula »

Awesome product!! I like your second designs, they have a lot of personality and make me want to do jello shots. My only suggestion would be to lower the transparency of the background to push the menu forward. Good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

I like the pop of color that the white background brings out in the images, but the weird part is, the darker phone app version looks better to me. The incorporated logo is fun and the tiles are a great idea for this product!
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

kayla.pressburger

Post by kayla.pressburger »

I think your first layout works the best with the product! The white background adds a balance to the colorfulness of the jello, and the fonts you chose are fun and go well with everything. I don’t know how I feel about the transparent gray background, it seems to take away from the colorful theme. Good work!
Kayla Pressburger

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

I really like your bottom designs. They really make me feel hungry for jell-o. Yummy!
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

This is an interesting project choice because how can you emphasis more that it is for adults? it still looks like its for kids. i wanna do this one. lol
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Jones

Post by Jones »

These are all great. Super fun. The colors draw one in, and the content has a refreshing adults can play too feel to it. The patterning of the images is great, and I like the way you depicted the menu. Noice.

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I really like the first set over the second the second seems like there is too much going on and steers away from the simple yet powerful effect you are going for.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"