Project 2 Final

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
emilyduke

Project 2 Final

Post by emilyduke »

Hey guys! Here are my final sites for project 2. Including my portfolio site with links to my project 2 "bad website" redesign. I tried to make as many things interactive as I could on both sites like social media links, references, etc. but I do have a couple dummy buttons on my proj 2 site like the log in options, and drop down menu options, just because that would be a lot of pages- so they're just there for you to get an idea of the site! On my project 2 site, Id like to learn how I can create scrolling background images (thats why I originally had the dots on the bottom right corner in my design) I dont know how to do that yet, but would be interested in seeing how hard it is lol. I did have some issues with my design vs. different resolutions, for example, on my laptop my designs fill the screen whereas on the macs at school it kind of looks like its in the corner, so beware.

Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall_2018 ... index.html
Starfish ✩ emily duke

Drakula

Re: Project 2 Final

Post by Drakula »

Wow! The Yale website is looking much better. You really made it more modern, I like the scroll box in the center. Nicely doe on the nav bar, when the site is up and running it will be very easy to navigate. good job!
Dana Drakulich-King

agostina_renau

Post by agostina_renau »

emily, I like a lot that there is a page that introduces you to project 2 instead of taking you straight to it! looks awesome
Agostina From Argentina

Jones

Post by Jones »

Those look fantastic. I like the way you used the main image on your profile page to direct attention to the buttons. It took me a moment to figure out what the X meant. I really like the way you redid the project two. It looks very crisp and clean. Nice work.

raton de biblioteca

Post by raton de biblioteca »

The scroll information on the page is so interesting! I feel like I am sitting in the art building reading a pamphlet! It is simple and creates a lot of continuity.
Rachel Cao
We are all just having too much fun ;)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

After all your struggles on this project you've really put out a couple of good-looking websites here, Emily. I especially like your use of live type, transparency, and z-index. Nice effect with the content area "vanishing" under a transparent top banner on your Project Two. I also thought I wouldn't like the aesthetics of your "perma-dropdown" category navigation on your Project Two website, but I think it's a really strong look. Your Project Two actually looks like an art gallery website, which I'm sure was your goal. Your Project One continues to look like a fun 1960s travel poster, so nicely done there as well. I like how you've gone through and wiped out the default link blue on your text links. That's something a lot of students miss.

I only really have a couple of minor issues. It looks like you might have gotten a little frisky and erred on the side of over-compression of a couple of images on Project One. On a couple of spots on your Project Two, the length of the content has exceeded the height of your semi-transparent containers.

Excellent work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

SO cool! I love how you were able to make your project 1 website look pretty much identical to your preliminary work! Also your project 2 website is laid out very well! I love the colors and the background works perfectly on all the pages, especially with your black, transparent text box!

Awesome job!
-Kaitlyn Johnson

tweetysmurf2350

Post by tweetysmurf2350 »

Congratulations on making a truly horrifying website look clean and professional. It is a huge improvement from the old site. I should know, I chose it for one of my bad websites.
Terri J. Taber

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore