project-3-rough

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
clawson

Re: project-3-rough

Post by clawson »

Both are nice layouts and either would work. On the second design I think you could lessen the opacity of the white a bit so that you can see the background a bit better.
Clara Lawson

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

LOVE the first design!!! But I'm a sucker for anything geometric and colorful! Excellent job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

matt

Post by matt »

Your first designs are really cool. I like the concept with the colored tiles they make the layout visually interesting and fun.
your font choices work well too. Everything is clear and easy to read. Awesome job! Can't wait to see it put together : )
Matty James

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I like your first designs! The background image is really great.
If you can, I would try incorporating the tiny colored squares more throughout your layout instead of just on the background!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh, rainbow subway tiles! Pick the first one pick the first one!

But seriously. Your first design is better, cleaner, and more colorful. I think it better advertises the program and shows what we can do. The subway tile pattern is a great background. It's colorful and eye catching and plants the seed of what students will be doing in the program. It starts their creative juices flowing and they haven't even signed up for a class yet. I especially like the program icons on your inner page. They make a fun, quick, little shorthand of what students will be doing in each of those programs. Your navigation is well placed and easy to see/use. I like your use of a serif type too. It works with the tile background almost as signage. The sans-serif adds a bit visual difference that highlights the navigation and department. I really like your use of contrast on the layout too. It keeps it simple and really makes the areas when you do use color stand out that much more.

I think your icons would look better if they were the same black. Right now, your Graphic Design icon is gray. I think it'd look better black, like your Web Design icon is. Make sure there is equal spacing between your main buttons.

Nicely done!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I love the first set! It is really clean and easy to find the information. Great job!
Yuri Aoki

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I really like the colored pixels in the background! and I really love how your second design showcases the Adobe programs we use!! Awesome job!
-Kaitlyn Johnson