Project III - Prelim Roughs

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
matt

Re: Project III - Prelim Roughs

Post by matt »

Niiiiiiiccceee!!!!

I think that your layout w/ the head and the quote "get into your right mind" is a great design!

t
Matty James

Stasiavous

Post by Stasiavous »

I'm loving the "Get into your right mind"! So awesome. The design is very cool and appealing as well. Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Your mobile designs are super neat and I'd like to see those translated into a desktop version!
With the first desktop, I feel like the pineapple doesn't really say "Graphic communications", it is a nice picture though haha!!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the one with pineapple! I think it is calm and clean, but it is difficult read little bit.
Yuri Aoki

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I like your second design the best. The pineapple is such a bizarre non-sequitur. I think my favorite part is the site title to the left. You've taken what would ordinarily be a header and made it a right column. That reorients the layout and kind of turns the whole thing on it's head. Good for a creative website. And a good use of contrast on that right side. I also like your white and gold colorscheme as well. It gives it a classy feel which is absent from TMCC's usual branding. Your type works pretty well too. I like the font choices. They go well with the TMCC logo. Nice use of margins throughout. Everything has room to breathe. Other than the 162 layers of transparent boxes, everything fits together well from both a branding and layout perspective.

Your design is a little muddy though. I think it's because you use too many stacked semi transparent boxes. It's like your design is covered in a dozen veils, pull them aside. I think the only semi transparent box you need is the one behind your content. I'm not sure you need your navigation where it is. I think turning it into pure text and running it along the top edge like you've done with your site title to the left. I'd also make sure you use bright, colorful, photographs to start student's creative juices flowing. The pineapple is a good start, but make sure you use other images for the inner pages. The painted man in your third design is a good example.

A good start!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I am a huge fan of the soft toned colors you chose! Your design feels very professional! Great work!
-Kaitlyn Johnson