project-3 prelim!

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
matt

Re: project-3 prelim!

Post by matt »

Meg,
I like both of your designs, if I had to choose I'd go with the first ones. They have a good feeling to them. Like the font choice that you decided on too. Awesome job! can't wait to see these designs come to life!!!
Matty James

Jones

Post by Jones »

Wow. I like both offerings. They are an interesting fresh and professional spin on a traditional format. I like the white background, its easier for me to read. I think the first one is maybe better for mobile, the second being great for larger screens. Well done!

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I really like your first designs! The type faces are nice, I would maybe make your nav buttons a little smaller maybe?? It looks pretty good already though!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

My favorite one is the first one! It is really clean and I really like the color.
Yuri Aoki

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

good color contrast and a nice layout. Maybe work on your margins a bit. :)
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oh neat! Three designs! I think I like the chalkboard one the best, even though we don't use chalkboards.

I chalk it up to the contrast of the design. The black background really brings everything forward. The rounded rectangle of both the chalkboard and the navigation buttons helps soften everything a bit. I like the use of the pens at the corners as a framing device. The chalkboard itself functions as a literal framing device obviously, but the pens are visually dominant and and some interesting diagonal looks to a composition where there otherwise aren't any. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use. I like your type choices as well, your headline/bodycopy especially. Even though it's a clean sans-serif type, it looks handwritten in this application. You've also done a good job with TMCC's colors. They don't look horrible here, and I think that's entirely on your great use of contrast.

The design is super clean. I think it would benefit from some visual detailing without necessarily adding too many more objects. I think some gradients and drip shadows, like you have on your third design would add some nice detail. I also think some sketches on the chalkboard would look cool. It needs a few images as well. Images of either cool designs, students doing design work, or images that reinforce what you are saying in the text, or some combination of those. Also, add a bit of space in between your paragraphs. Right now all of your text is one big wall.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

I like your white and grey design! Your last design with the triangle in the corner sort of looks like a power point slide because of the drop shadow used with it, but if you take out that shadow I think the triangle on the design could look really good!!
-Kaitlyn Johnson