Project 3 Preliminary

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
Jones

Re: Project 3 Preliminary

Post by Jones »

I'm drawn most to the second black and white option. The images are good in all. They have that classic, crisp, education feel to them. I like the idea of a parallax even for the second option. Nice work.

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I love your first layouts, especially the little splash of colored lines throughout it.
I would recommend changing the colored lines so they're not just a solid color, but instead it has every color of the rainbow like the color picker box!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the first set of the design! The images you chose work really well!
Yuri Aoki

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

The bright blue is a little much but your images and text look good.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice! Now this is a set of clean designs.

I like your first design best. It's the little splashes of color that attract me. They're little highlights is a super white, Scandinavian inspired design. I like the bright blue framing header and how the colored lines serve to move the eye around the composition. Great use of a little drop shadow to add some visual interest to this thing and separate the header form the content area. I also think you've used margin really well throughout this composition. Things are pretty far apart, but not so far apart as to fragment. Your navigation is easy to see and use and the cleanliness of the design means I can easily pull info from it. I also like your type. It's clean and unobtrusive and fits with your design.

Selection of the images will be paramount. Since the design is basically a presentational frame for your images, what images you choose will really make or break your design and set the tone of the website so be careful there. Maybe have different colored top bars depending on what section you are in.

Nice work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

kj923

Post by kj923 »

Very clean designs!! I like the bright blue but I would try to use the school's colors if possible!
-Kaitlyn Johnson