Project 3 Preliminary Work

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Stasiavous

Re: Project 3 Preliminary Work

Post by Stasiavous »

I LOVE the yellow layout, but I'm not a fan of the color. I keep the cool layout and change the color to TMCC green. Great job!
Staci Wilson

"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure" -Not too sure

Jones

Post by Jones »

I find the mustard designs easier to digest quickly and understandably. They are nicely balanced and have interesting image choices that help lead the eye around the page. The color choice is interesting and different, while not being intense on the eye (though a little opacity might be nice too.) Good work!

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I really like the use of the background in the second design but I feel like the yellow is too overpowering. I would try changing the color if you can. I also like your use of the different colored/transparent boxes!
JACKAL
"I gotta get better at being me" - Kevin Abstract

hiitsyuri24

Post by hiitsyuri24 »

I like the second one! It is really clean and made me want to explore the website.
Yuri Aoki

jason_hosier

Post by jason_hosier »

your first set is better. The bounding boxes that contain the images are effective at presenting the material. It looks professional but also you've added your own interesting touch. good work.
"Any law that cannot bend in a storm is destined to be broken."

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Nice designs there, Kaitlyn.

I, uh, actually like the design that uses the TMCC colors. You have, through the miracle of contrast and good layout, made the lime/olive TMCC green look ... good? Well done. I think what really sells it are it's super high contrast colors, cleanliness, and well done layout. I like the alternating green and black block and how the block behind the content blocks form a kind of pseudo drop shadow. The green actually makes for a good accent color. A white background really gives it that squeaky clean look. Nice choices on the imagery as well. The pics reinforce your text and illustrate things students will be doing. Plus they provide colors and accents against the green and black background. Good typography choices as well. I like how the sans-serif looks with your design. Nice use of margins throughout your layout too.

Make sure your navigation is wide enough, either through type shrinkage or content stretching to make "Certificates & Degrees" fit on one line. Maybe try justifying your bodycopy too. Make it another block with your other blocks.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

themeg98

Post by themeg98 »

I like the first one better! The clean and simple use of the shapes really pull me in.
Megan Horner
"Stay made of Lightning"