An improvment

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Unicorn_Service

An improvment

Post by Unicorn_Service »

Why hello there fellow academic folk. I have took heed to your suggestions last time. So here are some improvements. I made the social media icons more sparse as suggested. Some of you recommended I lose the popping drop shadow on the title, but I informatively declined. The point of these is that white text with a black outline can be read on any color. I also uprgaded the pineapple icon to not look like a monkey just scribbled it up on Kid Pix.
Attachments
Project-1-preliminaryFHD1.jpg
prject-1-pineapppleFHD1.jpg

itsdrrlcarden

Re: An improvment

Post by itsdrrlcarden »

i prefer the first design over the pineapple design. The one with the bold font is interesting. Any mobile designs?
-Darrell Carden GRC175

John1612

Post by John1612 »

I really like the pineapple one it gives me a sense of how creative you are. It feels like everything was hand rendered. I enjoy that part, It is pleasing to my eye. Like the color choices you've made with the pineapple design. With the canyon one it feels like everything that was added, cashes with the natural beauty of the cavern formations. The colors clash with the color of the rocks to much making them a little hard to read.

Charlie Johnson

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

In your canyon layout, I like that your made the body text bolder/larger. It is much easier to read than the original version. I think it would look nice for you to match the colors in your name with the colors of the project button.
I think your email link is a little awkward since it's so much smaller than all your other text. Perhaps consider making your "GRC 175..." text and your icons on the right slightly smaller so that you have space to make your email text more uniform with everything else.

As for the pineapple design, I liked that you added more food items to the design. However, I think you should consider pulling the pineapple down a bit since the top of it is pretty close to your project 2 button and creating a little bit of tension. Alternatively, you could move your project 2 button more to the right and kind of balance that empty space to the left of your body text. You might also close the space between the milk/baguette and your fruit to unify your image a bit more.
I also think the buttons on the right feel a little out of alignment. Specifically it looks like the email icon is slightly farther to the left than the rest of the icons. I also think they should be decreased in size slightly and moved further down so that they're all out of the orange header space.
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

lewlewland

Post by lewlewland »

I like the first design much more than the design with pineapple. I think that it is much more interesting. The pineapple design feels cheesy and random.

z1claudia

Post by z1claudia »

Hey, still like the top design a lot more. It's super fun and makes you curious about the website. The only recommendations I can give is to to move down the navigation buttons as well as make them bigger. Also to make the social media icons smaller. I only say that because I think I'm use to seeing these icons small and not as big as what you have on your website. However I really like this design a lot, it's awesome.
Claudia Zamudio

z1claudia

Post by z1claudia »

Hey, still like the top design a lot more. It's super fun and makes you curious about the website. The only recommendations I can give is to to move down the navigation buttons as well as make them bigger. Also to make the social media icons smaller. I only say that because I think I'm use to seeing these icons small and not as big as what you have on your website. However I really like this design a lot, it's awesome.
Claudia Zamudio

stars2night

Post by stars2night »

I like the top version the best. I really like the analogous descending colors for the different project buttons. I also like all the social media icons along the right side. I like where you moved the project buttons as well. I also like in the second design the different colors you used. It generates a nice warm and happy feeling with those shades together.

On the top version, I would really suggest giving more room between your about me section and your name. They are too close together and when I try to start reading the paragraph, your name effects cause my eye to jitter and 3D the words of the paragraph and I can't focus on the words.

I also think that your bottom text for the top version for GRC 175 may show up better if you went and changed the text color from white to the yellow you have been using for other things. I would also like to see mobile versions.

Overall, good job.
- Katrina Allen (Alera)

erino

Post by erino »

I like the image and the type is readable. Only suggestion is somehow on your web the social media are to close, try to give some space and align all towards left because it too close to the edge.

JBobier

Post by JBobier »

I am liking the pineapple version more after the changes. For some reason, and it very easy could be my eyes, but your name with those colors is blurry to my eyes. I don’t mind the drop shadow on the text. Interested in seeing which one you go with and the mobile design that goes with the final version. Good job!