Project 3 Roughs

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.

Who is absolutely exhausted?

Poll ended at Wed May 08, 2019 7:24 pm

Me
20%
Definitely me
80%
I've been exhausted since birth
No votes
I'm not at all (and I'm a big fat liar)
No votes

Total votes: 5

Gr8K8

Project 3 Roughs

Post by Gr8K8 »

So here are my project 3 roughs. Mostly I focused on making it more visually interesting, while still being very straightforward and easy to navigate.
I also tried to keep the TMCC green a main part of the design. Personally, I prefer my first version.
Attachments
second_version_overview.jpg
second_version_overview_mobile.jpg
second_version_degrees_and_certificates_web.jpg
second_version_degrees_and_certificates_mobile.jpg
first_version_overview_web.jpg
first_version_overview_mobile.jpg
first_version_degrees_and_certificates_web.jpg
first_version_degrees_and_certificates_mobile.jpg
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

lewlewland

Re: Project 3 Roughs

Post by lewlewland »

I like the second option here with the background image, I think that it is more visually intriguing. It would be cool if you could some how use both the background image and the illustration. I would also change the color of the title to make it more bold because it kinda seems to get lost in that green.

Lewis

erino

Post by erino »

I like the first design too, I like how you incorporated the table school supplies and desktop as a symbol of designing, plus the font of Graphic Arts goes with it!
I also like the 2 design with the background image, maybe somehow try to make the text on the left side all white color to be readable other than that cool designs!

Andramada

Post by Andramada »

i like both designs. they both feel like something that represents tmcc.
the first set of designs the type choice is very clean and readable in the body copy while being expressive and interesting in the headlines. there is a definite hierarchy in the organization and i can clearly see where every thing is at. the navigation is simple and interesting however the type face looks crowded or smooshed together.
the second design is my favorite for it is the most visually pleasing and interesting. the font choices balance well between the headlines and body copy. the body copy is clean and easy to read with the box behind it over the image. my only concern is for how the folder looking set up for the degrees and certificates. the fonts are huge and at this time i do notknow how you with render it.
Andramada, j.stille

The world has many opportunities but we are too blinded by the tragedy and losses dealt to us. So we blame fate for our misery, we blame others. We even blame God. And we fail to actually gain the will to change our circumstances.

John1612

Post by John1612 »

I like the one with illustration like how simple it it is and how it flows. It makes it seem like the stuff that is going to be learned is fun and easy. The placement of every object seems to be in the right place. Thank you for the laugh I really enjoyed the poll.

stars2night

Post by stars2night »

I really like both, but I think I like the second one more. I think the fonts on that one win me over. I also like the left side navigation on some of them. I like the colors, but I think that the degrees and certificates title needs a stroke around the font, because the title gets lost in the white of the background.

I really like the first version due to the really neat gradient background. However, those dark green blue boxes are a little hard on the eyes. You may want to soften them up with either a better color or increasing opacity. I really really like what you did in both versions.
- Katrina Allen (Alera)

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Oooooh, more polling! Put me down for a "Definitely Me". I'm so tired I completely spaced giving you guys feedback on these until today! How bad is that?

I like your "first_version" better. Your other design is a little too monotone and blah. The "first_version" has some contrast to it which gives it some visual interest. I like the photographic backgrounds for each page. It adds visual interest and really expands on what your bodycopy says. Nice use of tabs as well. This is a perfect place for 'em and I like that you want to take the opportunity to cover that particular jQuery technique. Good use of transparency, too. Especially on the page title! It lets more of your background image in and let's it interact with your type in interesting ways. Good margin work on the whole thing. You've got plenty of room to breathe. Your navigation is well placed and easy to use.

No need to horizontally squish all of your type. You have plenty of width to let it stretch out and breathe. Right now it's all kind of claustrophobic. Also, a dd a little more leading to your bodycopy, it's kind of vertically mushed together and reads like it's in a hurry. You have room to spare, use it. I would also add a bit more contrast to your top bar. Right now, "Graphic Arts & Media Technology is getting lost in the green a little bit. Maybe use a different background image for each page, something that backs up the different topics covered by your pages.

Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

z1claudia

Post by z1claudia »

Hi, the first design is pretty fun. I would like to see you use some more white in it though, just because it is an overwhelming amount of green.
Claudia Zamudio

Unicorn_Service

Post by Unicorn_Service »

I do give much praise to the warm lemon-green colored background that looks like some kind of alternative medicine page. The isometric graphic is dynamic and is a a great advertisement of the program.

I do however beseech that you consider a different font for that title. It looks like a middle school project made with WordArt.

I favor it much more than the not-so-bright photo background.