Project 3 Preliminary-Katelyn Brooke

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
katyroses

Project 3 Preliminary-Katelyn Brooke

Post by katyroses »

Hi guys! Here is the website that I am redesigning: https://renoglamourgal.weebly.com/
My goal for this website it to make it more modern, but dynamic. I followed her logo colors to make it consistent. I played around with clean, but creative designs. I think in the end I will combine my two designs.
My first layout focuses on eye-catching, but clean design. I wanted to use bold photos and compliment it with bright colors and bold typography.
My second layout focuses on sketches and a more creative approach. I experimented with more marker/artsy base typography, but complimented it with some clean font styles. I definitely will experiment with that concept in my final.
Let me know what you think!
Attachments
d1_homepage.jpg
d1_sample.jpg
d1_mobile_home.jpg
d1_mobile_sample.jpg
d2_homepage.jpg
d2_sample.jpg
d2_mobile_homepage.jpg
d2_mobile_sample.jpg
Katelyn R. Brooke

Abused Oreo

Re: Project 3 Preliminary-Katelyn Brooke

Post by Abused Oreo »

Hey Katelyn, you have two amazing designs for your site! They really pop out and make you say Wow! The top design with the portraits of women is your stronger design. The layout of the site is clean and easy to navigate. The pink matches the black and white that dominates the site. The images look good and are placed well. There isn't anything I could come up with that should change. Great work!
Taylor Von Stetina

trixiapanda

Post by trixiapanda »

I am living the first concept! I love the layout and especially the colors you chose to use for the website. I have no problem with the fonts! Great work!
♡ Trixia Benitez

NalaniN

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Katelyn,

Great designs! The colors really work well together and make a bold statement, as well as the fun stripes. I'm really hard pressed to find something you could improve. You might consider making the nav area a bit bigger for the mobile versions. Nice job!
Last edited by NalaniN on Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nalani Nickles

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

Hi Katelyn- I really like the first set of designs! I think it's bold and reminds me of layouts of fashion magazines. The only thing I can think of is the grey quote is a little harder to read on the mobile layout. Other than that I think it's a great fashion vibe!
Jessica Laughead

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I'd certainly say your achieved your goals here, Katelyn. These are modern and dynamic, your "d1" designs in particular.

I do like your "d1" designs better. They're more visually interesting to me. Both because of the photographs and also because of the layered detail, overlapping objects, and objects breaking out of their containers. It has a depth and motion your other design lacks. I love the contrast you've set up here. Everything is BRIGHT! And the Magenta just jumps off the page. Great type choices as well. The sans-serifs are bold, clean, and in your face, while the handwriting font is much more personal and subdued. A great visual contrast. I also like the brush stroke accent. It repeats in and around your design enough to be eyecatching but not so much it get's repetitive and boring. It also collapses nicely into an equally good mobile layout.

I'd add a little more margin between the quote and "Glamour Gal" on the computer home page. More like what you have on your mobile home page. I'm also curious to see what you do with the logo situation.

Awesome work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

cwalkerdesign

Post by cwalkerdesign »

Hello
I like the first layout. It’s looks professional and the colors are great for the subject.
Great job
Charmaine
Charmaine

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

Hello Katelyn,

Both of your redesigns are really awesome. They both greatly improve the visual interest from the original design for sure! Between the two versions I do think the 1st version works a little better here. I think the use of the model images helps it feel more 'professional' but also 'glamorous' while the illustrated images from the 2nd version make me think more 'teen magazine'.

Super good use of colors and contrast! Excited to see the final design
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

Brandon_P

Post by Brandon_P »

Both designs are good for color and layout, I prefer the first design over the second. Good work, keep it up.
Brandon Plunkett

genesis_urena

Post by genesis_urena »

Hi!

Nice job on both. I like a lot the colors you have chosen to make it pop out. Also the little quote that you put out there make it look friendly while professional. The layout with the drawing eyes is very interesting, though I don't understand the black space over there. Is is future text? Very nice. the models you have chose combine well wit the porpoise of the business.
GENESISURENA