Project 3 Final

This is an archive subforum of the previous version of Project Three. This is for inspiration only. DO NOT POST YOUR PROJECT THREES HERE.
NalaniN

Project 3 Final

Post by NalaniN »

Hi Everyone,

Here is my imperfect final website for Project 3.

http://www.grc175.com/student/fall-2019 ... index.html

It will be obvious that I couldn't get my menu button to work, so to have access to all the pages I left the nav menu visible and clickable which has pushed all the content down. :( So, try to envision everything moved up.

I struggled with many things and ran out of time, but I think this end result isn't too terrible.
Nalani Nickles

trixiapanda

Re: Project 3 Final

Post by trixiapanda »

What are you talking about?? Your website is still so cute and the layout is clean!! The links are working and you have those consistent placement of text/images, so you did well!! I can't help falling in love for all those doggos!! Great job!!
♡ Trixia Benitez

katyroses

Post by katyroses »

Aww I love all the imagery you picked. It is super warm and cuddly. I also like the background textures! Great job!
Katelyn R. Brooke

adriannageo

Post by adriannageo »

Wow, this is really impressive. You did an amazing job, the original should be replaced with this one!
Adrianna George

genesis_urena

Post by genesis_urena »

Hey!

The pictures are so nice. And the layouts are pretty well done. Legibility and easy navigation. You get to build almost all pages. Neat and organized. Great work!
GENESISURENA

tandyg

Post by tandyg »

:ugeek: Nailed it. Considering the assignment it's got to be up there. I enjoy the simple navigation and placement within the layout. The image is fun and really emphasises the power of thirds.
Tandy G
GRC 175, Web Design and Publishing I, Fall 2019
Truckee Meadows Community College

Fear The Deer

Post by Fear The Deer »

Howdy!

I love the photos you chose of the dogs- I think it's a pretty successful strategy to feature puppy dog eyes, pull at heartstrings for people viewing it. : ) The wood grain texture goes nicely with it, gives it a down-to-earth and natural feel!
Jessica Laughead

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Such a great texture on this thing. I love the use of the wooden background image. It warms the whole composition up a ton. The large dog photos serve to both entice the user and tell a story about what this place's mission is. I like the use of the subtle gradient behind the bodycopy. It manages to add yet another layer of texture and highlight the important content on your pages. I like your typographic choices as well. Your headline/logo font reinforces the rustic feeling of the website and the sans-serif nav/bodycopy font is easy to read. The warm colors of both the background texture and the dog images serve to give the entire website a pleasant feeling, like a warm blanket being pulled over you. Nice use of transparency too. Plus, the layout looks at least decent on most resolutions. Very liquid.

Your navigation really pushes the whole layout down a little too far. The Available Dogs page feels fragmented. I think you would have been better served tightening that up a little bit like the other inner pages

Great job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

smartinez33

Post by smartinez33 »

Hi, your website is adorable, no one can't resist the cute puppy eyes. The background fits perfect and feels warm and friendly.

Brandon_P

Post by Brandon_P »

Good use of imagery, clean and easy to navigate. Good job.
Brandon Plunkett