Project 1 Rough Drafts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Gr8K8

Project 1 Rough Drafts

Post by Gr8K8 »

Here are my 2 rough versions. I wanted to play with adding depth to my designs as well as textures. I think it helps to create a much more interesting design to look at. My links are in relation to this.

Link 1
Link 2

For my Sunflowers versions - I think the mobile version came out better than the computer. If I were to move forward with this one I think I want to add something else to the top area. Maybe clouds or actual nav buttons - just something to kind of fill up the empty space in the computer version.

For my Textures versions - If I moved forward with this design I would work more on the fonts I want to use. I may also play with some of the text colors. I might also still play with the size/placement of my body copy area. *And I just noticed I typo'd in one of my nav buttons... should be links not list :?
Attachments
Texture Version - Mobile
Texture Version - Mobile
Texture Version - Computer
Texture Version - Computer
Sunflowers Version - Mobile
Sunflowers Version - Mobile
Sunflowers Version - Computer
Sunflowers Version - Computer
Last edited by Gr8K8 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

meekster_

Re: Project 1 Rough Drafts

Post by meekster_ »

both designs are very fun and creative! personally I really like the sunflower one, I like the transparency of the text blocks. the texture design is really nice I like the ripped paper look on the text boxes but I think the denim texture is a bit off !
~Mika Miller~

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

In the computer version one thing you could do that might improve it is to raise the horizon line of the sunflowers. Having it so close to the text boxes makes the center look to crowded, which is why I think the mobile version looks better.
- Cedar Moosmuller

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I love both designs, they're very creative. I like the sunflower one a bit more, because I see more of this design than the other one. But the texture one is very fun and unique. I agree that replacing the footer denim texture with something else or a solid color will improve it.

This is Stormy btw
Last edited by missStormy on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy

sndbox

Post by sndbox »

I like both designs, but I would go with the sunflower one!

Although, I would say if you were to go with the first design (the fabric one) the text at the bottom on top of the denim is a little difficult to read, so maybe change the opacity of the image or change it to a solid color like the tears of paper!
Sandra R.
san-druh

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi! I really like both your designs. The texture on the first design really stands out, but I like your sunflower design more!
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I definitely agree that the sunflowers idea is stronger. If you wanted to differentiate your fonts from the background like you mentioned, you could try pulling the horizon of your sunflowers just a little lower to give you the space to maybe add shapes/buttons or something similar. If you did it with the current positioning, I'd be afraid that your design might get a bit crowded. I really love the contrast in colors though, and the overall design looks really solid!
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

darth vader de pot noodle

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

gluten taug kaitlin, I'm feeling the yarn page more because it looks like it could be for a arts and crafts type of designer and it looks fun.
Juan YEETER Moreno

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

Nice designs! For the first design, I like the textured paper, but I think they are low in resolution which is really noticeable on larger displays. The transition between the yarn and the denim is also quite sharp in my opinion, it could benefit from having a drop shadow or something to ease that transition.

Great work! I especially like the horizon on the sunflower design.
James Chumpol

KJX

Post by KJX »

Hey! I really like both of your designs. I would like to take your paper imaged buttons to the sunflower version. Just an idea. Overall I like both of the designs.

-KJ