Project 1 - Kyle Jennings

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
KJX

Project 1 - Kyle Jennings

Post by KJX »

Hey Class, my name is Kyle and this is my Project 1.

I solved the problem by using Space Shuttles to express the creativity of Kyle Jennings!

Please let me know what you think and how I can improve this design.

-KJ
Attachments
Design 2 Mobile Version
Design 2 Mobile Version
Design 2 Desktop Version
Design 2 Desktop Version
Design 1 Mobile Version
Design 1 Mobile Version
Design 1 Desktop Version
Design 1 Desktop Version

meekster_

Re: Project 1 - Kyle Jennings

Post by meekster_ »

I like the images and the color choices you made for both of these concepts. Some things I would suggest would be to align all of the boxes, either in the center or to the left, it would be more pleasing to the eye. I also think in rough 2 the paragraph doesn't need a box around it unless it has a fill that you could bring down the opacity to still show the image in the back.
~Mika Miller~

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

I think the colors in the rough01 designs are better matching. It makes those designs look a lot more cohesive, I think if you changed the blues in rough02 to a more washed out blue (to make the sky) or a red-ish brown to match the smoke from the rockets.
- Cedar Moosmuller

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I like the color scheme and composition in your first rough, I would get rid of the border in the text boxes and and a transparency to those text boxes, right now it feels like the text boxes are fighting the background.

Stormy
Last edited by missStormy on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi! I really like the colors on your second design! They are super vibrant and more memorable than your first design. I also really like the layout of your designs. Good job!
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I definitely like the orange composition better. The color palette works really well together and the organization is strong. Especially the shape of the background image gives my eyes a nice comfortable arc to follow through with, so you might want to try and use that as an organizational tool with your boxes. Rock and roll!
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

darth vader de pot noodle

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

howdy kyle, both designs are interesting but, i think im going more towards design 1 because it is a beautiful image of a rockets red glare.
Juan YEETER Moreno

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

The second design looks better in terms of readability and navigation. The navigation bar should definitely take advantage of its full width, and the stroke (outline) of the main body box could be smaller.

Thanks for sharing!
James Chumpol

sndbox

Post by sndbox »

I like both designs, but I think the Design 2 is a little more balanced as far as all the information. I don't think you need 2 home buttons though!
I like the colors of design 1, but the concept of design 2 is really nice.
Sandra R.
san-druh

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Interesting concept here, Kyle. I like your second design better than your first.

The photo is really the deciding factor. Your photo on the design is such a strong choice here. First of all, a night rocket launch is always going to make for a spectacular photo, and yours has a great blue to orange complementary color gradient running from left to right. You also use contrast extremely well, especially in your footer and with the bold white type in your title. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I was initially not sold on your slab-serif type, but it's really grown on me as I look over your composition.

Rather than enormous boxes with an enormous stroke around them, why don't you try some semi-transparent boxes for your content? Heck, I don't think your title even needs a box if the font is bold enough (as yours is). It seems to be big and bold enough to stand out on its own like your page title. Also, for your mobile design, don't just crunch your computer design, reflow it. Take the elements of your computer design and reflow then so they work better in a vertical rectangle than a horizontal one. Lastly, match the left and right edges of all of your content "boxes" (nav, title, bodycopy, etc.)

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173