prelim- project 1

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
LaCroixGirl96

prelim- project 1

Post by LaCroixGirl96 »

Hello,

It's interesting how different my hand drawn thumbnails look from the computer roughs, because I think I was too detailed/complex in the thumbnails. When I got to the software, I found I liked a more simple and clean design. I obviously like color, so I made that a prominent element in both designs.

I usually start off by going on Pinterest to scroll through stuff for inspiration, it's an easy place to start for me.

https://dribbble.com/shots/6471458-MISS ... tion-Vol-1

I also found these websites helpful on the basics of a homepage. These helped me understand more about user interface and just some good tips. These were helpful in "roping in" my designs so they weren't so random and unfunctional.

https://www.awwwards.com/95-inspiring-w ... ncies.html

https://www.wix.com/blog/2017/10/5-desi ... onal-site/
Attachments
mobile02.jpg
web02_remix.jpg
mobile01.jpg
web01.jpg
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆Katera Neil。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

meekster_

Re: prelim- project 1

Post by meekster_ »

I think the colors go nicely together and it makes the webpage inviting ! I like the layout of the second concepts, however, the "about you" paragraph seems out of place and awkward.
~Mika Miller~

CedarM

Post by CedarM »

In the mobile01 and web01 I like the layout of your graphic elements, but I think the colors are all too bright. I would change one or two of the colors to a darker shade, to add more contrast.
- Cedar Moosmuller

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I like the typography here in the first design, you should keep that. I do agree that the color scheme is too bright and clashes too much.

Stormy
Last edited by missStormy on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

The typography design is super strong to me. Between the energy of the layout combined with the high energy of the chosen colors, it feels scattered yet cohesive. It's very creative and I think it's worth developing for sure.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

sndbox

Post by sndbox »

Same as everyone's said above, I really like the typography of the first design, I just think having the links scattered around the webpage just makes it slightly confusing and difficult to follow, especially on the phone version.
I would maybe just keep them in the center of the page or align them onto one side so it makes it a little bit easier to find all of the links.
Sandra R.
san-druh

suiish

Post by suiish »

I like the way you played with typography in your first design. The colors also look super nice together. I think your body type color is a bit hard to read so I recommend making it a more readable color and making the type a bit bigger.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

darth vader de pot noodle

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

Здравствуйте katera, i like the two on the bottom but the color could be toned down just a bit.
Juan YEETER Moreno

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

Ooooh I love the colors you used here. I also really really like the typography in in your version 2. Between all of them I think I like the colors you used in "web02" version best. I think these present the best contrast between the background and text - while still keeping your colors really vibrant. I think if you made your name/images just slightly smaller this would give you a bit more of a margin around the edges as well as free up a little more room for your 'about me' paragraph.

I like the circle pattern you've got going on in your version 1. However I do think some of the colors could use more contrast to make your name or circle shapes pop more.
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

LaCroixGirl96

Post by LaCroixGirl96 »

Oops, I was in a rush and forgot to add my email, so here's the new ones! Wow, everyone is so quick with the feedback, thank you!

I also thought I would add more to my explanation- The first versions are supposed to look like fridge magnets, as Michael brought up in the earlier version. So I decided to run with that idea and add the fridge texture to the background, which I think looks cool. The second version is supposed to be a bunch of polka dots that contain all the elements of the homepage. The focus on these ones are definitely color. Overall, both designs are kind of simple, yet bold- which is more my style of design so I'm glad it's evident in the website design.
Attachments
mobile02.jpg
web02_remix.jpg
mobile01.jpg
web01.jpg
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆Katera Neil。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆