Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post by Instructor »

You've got an interesting aesthetic going on here, James.

I like your second design the best. It's that hard-hitting contrast, I think. That, and the super good framing job the two black trips do around the image. The bottom half of the design effectively functions as a footer even though it has most of the content. That's a neat, unique, look that really works well here. Makes me think of a coffee table book for some reason. I like your typographic choices too. A super clean sans-serif typeface for a super clean design. Great use of color to establish hierarchy as well. I especially like the graying of the class info at the bottom. Really brings out the primacy of the navigation and titles.

I'm not especially sold on the image you've chosen, however. It looks like an NSFW subway tile pattern that's been pixellated out to protect young impressionable viewers. Maybe use the image of the guy trapped in the Negative Zone that you used on the first one. Also, I don't care for the underlines under your main nav buttons. I think their spacing and positioning indicates that they are navigation well enough. The underline feels redundant and doesn't look good under most main nav anyway.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

darth vader de pot noodle

Re: Project 1 Prelim Critique

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

i really like your design in the first set it looks like a spooky image and its great, the second set is all pixely and is very unique.
Juan YEETER Moreno