Project 1 Rough Drafts

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
hmayooo

Re: Project 1 Rough Drafts

Post by hmayooo »

These designs are super bright and fun, and honestly I like both almost equally! Your use of transparency in the blocks in the sunflower design add a nice modern look. The texture and color of the yellow design really catches the eye, but I think after a while it can be a little too bright and hard to look at. I agree that the paper text box designs would be cool to see on the sunflower design!
~Hayley Mayo~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

I know it's a Kaitlin Wallberg website when I see a superb use of texture. Go with the first, yarny design.

I really like the look and especially the feel of that first design. Great use of texture and detail to add visual interest to your design. I like the paper fragments in particular. It gives the whole thing a warm, crafty feel. Your navigation is easy to see and use and it serves to push the yarn into the background. Your type is simple and clean and works surprisingly well with your crafts patterns.

Make sure your drop shadows all go in the same direction. Right now your lighting looks a little wonky. The transition between the yarn and the denim is a little abrupt. Maybe make it looks like the denim is a torn fragment or the yarn is over the top of the denim a little. Also, try using your logotype for your navigation too.

Great work! It's like I can touch your website.
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

I love the sunflower theme, personally. The first one makes me think of noodles, for some reason. Your use of graphics in both is stunning, so if I were you I'd have a hard time deciding between these two haha. Maybe add a touch brighter blue for the top of the second design. Good work!