Project 01 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
sndbox

Project 01 Final

Post by sndbox »

Hey everyone, my name is Sandra, and here's my final design for Project 1!

For this project, I actually chose 3 websites to get an inspiration from:
https://vivekbhardwaj.com/
http://expus.net/?i=1
https://www.laurenreberphoto.com/
I chose these websites, not only because I know the people for each website, but I liked how each of them were very different. With Vivek's, he's a Graphic Designer turned Web Developer, and I really liked the smoothness of his website and how the coral pink compliments the navy blue. With the Expus website, I found this one to be super easy to use and very closely related to this project. With Lauren's website, I liked how she had a white background to make her photos really pop and how she had all of the different options to go visit right front and center.

---

I decided to mix my Idea #1 and #3 together to create a modern and simplistic design that's easy to use and navigate.

This was a very difficult decision to mix the two because the styles are so different, however I made it work! I do think it was the best way to include all the information that was needed for the project and I will be updating it along the way to add pictures and information about the upcoming project.

Thank you for all your suggestions and comments! I can't wait to check out all of your designs! :D
Attachments
project_01_final.png
Sandra R.
san-druh

KJX

Re: Project 01 Final

Post by KJX »

Hey

I like your background image and your "Names" font.
Keep up the awesome work.

-KJ

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

love the colors and shapes! the layout is really nice, it looks great !!
~Mika Miller~

hmayooo

Post by hmayooo »

I love how simple but creative this is! You definitely put some personality into it. The only thing I can think of to change (and this is really nitpicking) is that I would decrease the weight of your bar separating the projects from the circle bit, it looks a little heavy in my opinion. Overall great work!
~Hayley Mayo~

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

I like the clean look of your site. The text in the header area is a bit wordy, as most evident in the mobile design. If you cut down on the word count or decrease the size, it would help it look cleaner.
James Chumpol

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

The overall composition of your website is soooo professional! The goldish circle/seal was such a classy addition, and the entire design is really 'adult' looking in a very good way. Great work.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I like how you combined the two designs from your preliminary critique. It's neat and clean and reminds me of a blog post that is expertly designed. I do think that the combination of colors for you text and text blocks are making the text harder to read. Though you can fix that by increasing the weight of the text. And you don't need the text boxes in the circle ether, the text can stand on it's own. Great job over all.

Stormy
Stormy

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi Sandra, I like how sleek your design is, I also really like your color choices!
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ah, nice, you picked your third one. That one was the best of your preliminary designs.

It's contrast carries through from the preliminary design version and you've kept a good chunk of it's clean nature as well. The typography is still strong. Somehow you managed to find the only legible script type which is a pretty darn big achievement. Color is also a strong point. The golds and the browns continue to work well and compliment your well chosen image. Contrast is still there too. That white serves as a great base for all of your browns.

I'd also like to comment on how much I like that you've put your mobile and computer layouts on one image. This makes it so much easier to give feedback. My laziness thanks you!

I don't particularly care for the whole "boxes behind every headline/button" idea. It seems busy and while it works pretty well for your logo, I have trouble reading your button text on the boxes and it looks too busy in the "cork" where you have your links and info on the right. I actually liked the buttons better on your preliminary version. Also, your horizontal divider line is too thick.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

darth vader de pot noodle

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

Certains d'entre vous peuvent mourir, mais c'est un sacrifice que je suis prêt à faire. (acclamations) Que le tournoi commence! (Il remarque Shrek) Oh! Qu'est-ce que c'est? C'est hideux!
SHREK
(se tourne vers Donkey puis revient vers Farquaad) Ah, ce n'est pas très gentil. C'est juste un âne.
Bonjour

your website has a very personal style to it which is nice the colors are relaxing and calm with the brown and white, and the background image is nice too
Juan YEETER Moreno