Project One Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
CedarM

Project One Final

Post by CedarM »

Here is my final design, I improved the drafts by adding some opacity to the graphic elements, as well as giving them a stronger stroke so that they do not get lost in the background as much.
Attachments
personal-website-monitor-cmoosmuller.jpg
personal-website-mobile-cmoosmuller.jpg
- Cedar Moosmuller

KJX

Re: Project One Final

Post by KJX »

Hey

Awesome website designs and organization. The background photo still pulls me further into the website.
I look forward to seeing the next steps for your site.

-KJ

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

The opacity change is a great improvement, the design feels more balanced now. The page layout is great, the shapes and angles go well with the mountain background. I would only change the outline of the text boxes to a grey or not have them at all, but I think that's more of a personal preference

Stormy.
Stormy

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

really like how the shapes fit with the mountains ! all elements work really well together, very nice!
~Mika Miller~

hmayooo

Post by hmayooo »

All the shapes and angles in this are really cool and overall work pretty well together. I’m not sure if this was intentional but I’d like to see the same angles on the black box your name is in on the mobile version as it is on the desktop version, but other than that it looks really nice! Good job.
~Hayley Mayo~

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

If you can get the text aligned to the down slope of the right trapezoid similar to the mobile design, I think it'll look good. Thanks for sharing.
James Chumpol

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I really like the pseudo-Nevada shape you use for you navigation bar on the left, but I'd just make sure to space the margins a little bit so it has room to breathe. Or you could go the opposite and commit to the elements being right against the edge, but either one you choose, I'd do it consistently! Really good looking design though, I like the cleanness of it all.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

sndbox

Post by sndbox »

I really like how it turned out! I think having that lighter opacity in those shapes is really nice!
I do think that having the Project One, two, and three, centered in the boxes instead of sitting on the bottom of them would match a little better with some of the other aspects you have, especially since the shape that has the paragraph is centered, but overall I think it turned out nice!
Sandra R.
san-druh

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

Cedar,

I like the changes you made! The background image is stunning. I also really like how you framed the mountains between your name and your nav/body paragraph in your computer version. I think adding the transparency to your white shapes helped make the whole layout feel more united/clean.
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

As with your preliminary version, the image does quite a bit of the heavy lifting here adding all sorts of visual interest, colors, and textures. But let's not sell short the geometry of your diagonal edges. They work well with the craggy mountains and add motion to your design. Good sue of transparency and contrast in your design. Your navigation is easy to see and use.

I think your button bars would have looked better with vertically centered type. As it is, they feel misaligned to me. I'm still not sold on the mix between serif and sans-serif type either. Your bodycopy should extend to the left edge of your container angle on your computer layout.

Nice job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173