JC - Project 1 Final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
JamesC46

JC - Project 1 Final

Post by JamesC46 »

I went with the second design since most people liked that one. I enlarged the body text some a little bit and removed the underlines from the navigation links.
Attachments
chumpol_project01_final.jpg
James Chumpol

KJX

Re: JC - Project 1 Final

Post by KJX »

Hey

Your background photo adds lots of value to the page and your black font in the middle is perfect.
Awesome job!

-KJ

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I like that the style is very minimalist, I see a lot of website with this type of design. The background image, along with the text, draws the eye to the center and is very well executed. Great job.

Stormy
Stormy

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

really cool idea! you executed it very well, I like the movie poster feel it has to it!
~Mika Miller~

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I think the overall style is super strong already, but I do think it could use just a tad more value overall. Even something as simple as a corner vignette might help balance the slightly washed-out look the composition has, unless that's the aesthetic you're going for specifically. Either way, excellent work!
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

suiish

Post by suiish »

I really like how simplistic your style is! It really shows a bit of your personality and your own vibe without you having to say much bout yourself. Your background image is also really interesting to look at.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

sndbox

Post by sndbox »

I really like the way these turned out!
The subtle glow around the text makes it really stand out from the background, nice touch!
I would say the type for the webpage is still a little bit too small, but other than that they turned out very nice!
Sandra R.
san-druh

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

So you've got a kind of cryptid conspiracy theorist vibe going on here.

It's certainly a visually interesting background image you've selected here. The static adds a neat texture and the radial blur adds motion. I feel like I'm looking at the Virgin Mary from inside a tumble dryer, complete with head trauma. An interesting sensation indeed. Your typeface is super clean and works well with the kind of bleak dystopia design ethic you've got going on. Good margins too. Just about perfect, in fact.

BTW, I like seeing the mobile and computer layouts as part of one image. Makes 'em really easy to compare and contrast for feedback. As a lazy person, I really appreciate it.

The real problem with it is contrast. Your type blends into the staticky image and I have difficulty reading it. I can't really read your site identification at the bottom of either layout and your computer layout navigation's small size and dark glow make it impossible to use or really see among all the image static. I think you could have used to enlarge it again.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

I agree that this is a bit hard to read, but otherwise I love it. It appeals to my aesthetic preference.