project 1 final

Post links to your Project One websites for discussion and feedback.
Instructor
Site Admin

Re: project 1 final

Post by Instructor »

This is an interesting one. It's a cool design trending into cold, that is only really warmed up by the choice of background image.

After looking at the preliminary version of this design, I cannot stress enough what a strong decision it was to convert the text box to orange. It keys off the orange in the flower and reflects your navigation. It effectively turns it into a three color website; black, white, and orange. Speaking of that flower, I must compliment you on your background image. It does such a good job of warming up a cold design and adds a great visual center. Your typography is strong. Very clean to go with the rest of the design. The navigation is easy to see and use. I also really like the decision to go angular in your bodycopy container. It adds just that extra hint of visual interest this design needs.

The thin margin around your text box on your mobile design is a little too slim. I think it would have looked better if you had just bitten the bullet and extended it all the way across the photographic background.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

wilson_iii

Re: project 1 final

Post by wilson_iii »

WOW! Everything from the colors, the graphics, to the aesthetically pleasing fonts stand out to me! This is wonderful, I am jealous.