Project 03 Rough Drafts~~~

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
Gr8K8

Project 03 Rough Drafts~~~

Post by Gr8K8 »

Hey Guys! Hope everyone is holding up alright during this quarantine.

I decided to redesign the Myers Brothers Tree Care website (http://myerstreecare.com/index.htm)

Regardless of which version I move forward with I plan on playing with different fonts - and possibly changing the colors in the original logo from Orange to something different.
I also know that the picture used has a weird drop shadow - this is how it was when I downloaded and I plan on either finding a new picture or removing the drop shadow from this one.

For both versions, I plan on making the "Services" page scrollable - so not all the information is shown. On my Version 1 (computer) I moved the header section up and out of frame slightly to see my intentions with this a little more.

Lemme know what you think!
Attachments
Version 2 - Services Mobile
Version 2 - Services Mobile
Version 2 - Services Computer
Version 2 - Services Computer
Version 2 - Home Mobile
Version 2 - Home Mobile
Version 2 - Home Computer
Version 2 - Home Computer
Version 1 - Services Mobile
Version 1 - Services Mobile
Version 1 - Services Computer
Version 1 - Services Computer
Version 1 - Home Mobile
Version 1 - Home Mobile
Version 1 - Home Computer
Version 1 - Home Computer
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

sndbox

Re: Project 03 Rough Drafts~~~

Post by sndbox »

Both designs are super solid!
I would go with your v2. I feel like the message gets across super well with their company.
I would say maybe lighten the opacity of the background a little bit, on the phone version the services and contact get a little bit mixed in with that leaf, and the logo (for the ones that have it) is a little bit hard to read.
Overall they're both solid designs! I think you could go either way on this!
Sandra R.
san-druh

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

these are super creative ! I like them a lot! I like the top one with the leaves a bit more, not too fond of the triangles of the other one but they look great !
~Mika Miller~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Ooooooh! I really like your "v1" design. Great use of contrast and texture throughout. The white, orange, and several greens work really well together. I love the treetop navigation bar. The pattern it creates bot above and below is really neat looking. Like an inverse zipper. I also does a good job of drawing the eye to the navigation. The white top bar works as well. It looks like a bright overcast sky and serves as a great backdrop for your logo and info. I'm curious to see what fonts you choose once you're done playing with it; your logo font certainly works fine. In fact, the whole logo looks pretty good. The two dudes between the trees makes me smile.

Your top bar is clipped off on your computer inner page design. I don't know if you need the drop shadow behind your type and images or not. Maybe a less plain

Great work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I agree that the first design is stronger, and uses a nice background. the triangle design seems to harsh against the natural background.

Stormy
Stormy

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

I like the color unity you have in your designs. I think there should be more contrast or a backing in your navigation text as it can sometimes blend in the vegetation of your background. Thanks for sharing.
James Chumpol

suiish

Post by suiish »

I love the colors you chose for both your designs. The leaf background in the first design is a bit distracting from the text so I feel like the second design is more successful.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

Love it! If you're gonna go with v1, round off the corners, those boxes look unnatural with the leaves in the background. If you go with v2, make it a bit easier to read the text. Good work!

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I think V1 is the stronger design overall. While both are solid, the more blocky style of that one vibes better with the website demographic personally.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

KJX

Post by KJX »

Hey

I love your second design. The leaves in the background are awesome( also think about lowering there opacity). Add photos of a group of gardeners to give that community vibe. Great job!

-KJ