project-03-prelim-jewan-mooreno

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
darth vader de pot noodle

project-03-prelim-jewan-mooreno

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

this is my prelim for proj-03. i used these colors because they are associated with archaeology, there are only three because most of the website is images and info about that category...

please be gentle
Attachments
project-03-1-juan-moreno.png
project-03-2-juan-moreno.png
project-03-3-juan-moreno.png
Juan YEETER Moreno

sndbox

Re: project-03-prelim-jewan-mooreno

Post by sndbox »

Would you be able to link the original website you were changing?
I like your color scheme and the fonts you chose, it almost seems like a virtual museum in a way!
The gradient in the header was a nice touch also!
Sandra R.
san-druh

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

I like the layout it looks great and I think would work well for this website. I like the colors but maybe try using tints and shades of one instead of threee different ??
~Mika Miller~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. I don't see any mobile layouts here. I would have also liked to have seen at least placeholder images. It'll be a little tough to give feedback.

That being said, I like your idea of doing it in sandstone colors. Run with that! Maybe play with textures and types to make it look like the face of an ancient temple or Petra or something like that. I think you have good bones here. I like the header as a framing device and the slide in navigation. I also like the "archaeological display" of old websites on your inner page.

I'm not sure you need the lighter colored background behind "Internet Archaeology" in your header. I also want to see if the dark background behind the type will help with an image background.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

The colors go well with the historical theme and the organization of the content is neat and simple. I do agree it would be nice to see more images and the original site to compare but its a good start.

Stormy
Stormy

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

I believe that the use of a hamburger menu for this desktop design would be unnecessary as there is enough space to give a visible navigation in the header of your site. Thanks for sharing.
James Chumpol

suiish

Post by suiish »

I really like the simplicity of your designs! The brown color really fits well with the archaeology theme of the original website.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

I love it! The right color choice for sure. I like the "worn" look it has, perfect for archaeology. Maybe if there were more examples I could praise more, eh?

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

Oooh I like the color scheme you've got going for this. I'm excited to see how it comes out once you add all your images.
I would maybe suggest playing with some more interesting headline fonts? And maybe play with colors other than blank to add a little more visual pop?
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

The color and styling definitely reads correct to the theme of the site. I would recommend possibly incorporating a paper texture, similar to old style documents.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.