JC - Project 03 Prelim

Post links to your Project Three websites for discussion and feedback.
JamesC46

JC - Project 03 Prelim

Post by JamesC46 »

Did what I can. My redesign was based on the site, Arngren (some inappropriate content within the site, be advised), basically an old catalogue site that was made to look this way. I took its style and made it match with more contemporary shop sites like eBay and Amazon.
Attachments
arngren_design2.jpg
arngren_design1.jpg
James Chumpol

sndbox

Re: JC - Project 03 Prelim

Post by sndbox »

I think you did a really great job of simplifying the amount of chaos that website had!
I will say maybe if you could find a logo or just put ARGEN in the top left it would give that area a little more room, that .net just seems like it's a little crowded.
I would also maybe just add a little bit more space between the boxes on the phone version, those look a tiny bit crowded as well.
The green you chose is very nice, and I like the slight gradient in the header, and the yellow accents are a nice touch.
Nice work!
Sandra R.
san-druh

meekster_

Post by meekster_ »

these look very nice ! the layout works well and so do the colors, I do prefer the white background more! and I definitely agree with Sandra on the crowding part but otherwise it looks good !
~Mika Miller~

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Jeez, I'm amazed you found anything in there. Nice job of organizing it, James.

That said, your designs look awfully similar. Between them, I like your "design_1" best. It has pretty good contrast between the lighter gray background and the green top bar and makes for a good canvas to display your imagery buttons. I like the way the buttons zipper together between the computer layout and the mobile layout. Good work with the gradient fade on the main image too. It does a good job establishing the edges of the content area on your computer design all the way down. You do a good job of both embracing boxiness and concealing it.

I'd recommend either using a different font or bolding the "ARNGREN.net" logo. Maybe bold the category navigation in the top bar too. Also, make to top bar a solid, darker green, I think.

Good work!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

I'm impressed that you can take a site that horrific and make an organized layout of it. The first design is strongest , the gradient in the other is somewhat too distracting.

Stormy
Stormy

suiish

Post by suiish »

I really like how you cleaned up your website and organized the information from the first website. It's easy to see and I like the simple colors you've chosen.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

That site is terrifying. I have no idea why you want to touch it with a 10-ft pole. That being said, well done! I enjoy the simple look, especially after looking at the original. The green color choice is fascinating. It definitely works.

Gr8K8

Post by Gr8K8 »

Wow, nice work simplifying! Between the two versions I like design 2 more. I just really like those tile icons. Maybe try the layout from design 2 with the colors from design 1. I also like the headrt image fade thing you've got going on in design 1.
Kaitlin Wallberg

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IarF06JKANg

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

Honestly, I like aspects of both. I enjoy the neat square designs of the clickables in the desktop version, but the staggering of different sized buttons really works well on the mobile layout of the other design. If you could play around with merging the ideas, I think it could be really stellar.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

KJX

Post by KJX »

Hey

I like the green background, helps pop the overall website design.

-KJ