Project 04 Prelim!

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
sndbox

Project 04 Prelim!

Post by sndbox »

Hey everyone! Here's my prelims for Project 04!

My first idea is more a modern take on the website. I wanted to really take that single webpage idea and have smooth scrolling all the way through the page to create a sleek design with some sort of minimal pattern in the background of the page. (similar to https://vivekbhardwaj.com/).

My Second idea comes from just a big bold design with very minimal design work in order to show off the student work and have the ability to guide very easily through the webpage.

Let me know what you think! :D
Attachments
first_idea_project_04_prelim.png
second_idea_project_04_prelim.png
Sandra R.
san-druh

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 04 Prelim!

Post by Instructor »

Hm, it looks like you're missing an inner page on each of these, but I see where you were going at least. I actually like your second design better, even though it uses TMCC's awful green. But somehow you made it work! What sorcery is this?

My favorite part is the "type as texture" top bar. You're using the type as a visual texture while still retaining a bit of legibility. This kind of look is very trendy in typography and shows you did your research. Nice! I also like the contrast. TMCC's awful green is dark enough that it supports and contrasts with a white type on top. The black titles and bodycopy really stand out against this combo. I also, like the offset titles to the left side. Very magazine/book. Looks good! I also like the white section dividers. They do a good job of separating the layout into it's constituent pieces. Your navigation is well places, easy to see and use.

I'm curious what the design will look like with images in it right now it has none. I think the blockiness of the design would be enhanced by justified paragraphs on your bodycopy.

Nice job!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

Your first design idea is more interesting and the triangle header helps lead the eye. The color scheme also makes it stand out more and the full navigation for the mobile design can save some hassle on making all elements responsive. Very nice design.
Last edited by missStormy on Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi Sandra, I like both of your designs! I think the green one works better because it incorporates TMCC's green while the first one doesn't really say tmcc like the second. Either one works well though!
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

I like the use of your shapes and type, the second design could use a more interesting take on its background as the white can be harsh.
James Chumpol

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

I definitely support the green design more. Feels more in tune with the entire TMCC aesthetic without feeling redundant or too different.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

wilson_iii

Post by wilson_iii »

Hey Sandra,
I think the green themed design works better, as it falls in line with TMCC's overall scheme more. However, I think you could tie in elements from the blue one to your green one to make it easier on mobile! The hamburger menu, for example.
Good work, I like what you have so far.