Project 04 Prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
SkellyboneJones

Project 04 Prelim

Post by SkellyboneJones »

Here are my Project 04 Prelims.
Web1.png
Web2.png
Web3.png
Mobile1.png
Mobile2.png
Mobile3.png
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.

Instructor
Site Admin

Re: Project 04 Prelim

Post by Instructor »

I don't really see two different designs here. Just slight variations on one. That being said, the one design I'm seeing isn't too bad.

You've got a clean, easily accessible layout here. Your navigation is easy to see and use. I like the geometric angles you've got going here especially the rhombus you are repeating behind both your title and the subheads. That's a nice little accent. As is your red stripe. I like that it's offset on your page titles and isn't perfectly under the subheads. You've got good contrast going here, too. I especially like the pale gray background. It really makes the colors pop out against it. Your typography works pretty well also, both the thin version for your bodycopy and the thicker versions for your headlines and subheads.

I'm not really sold on the stretched type, two line stack buttons on your computer designs. They look too crowded to me. I also appreciate the attempt to salvage TMCC's awful green, but I'm not sure it's necessarily working here. I think the design could use more imagery. An image is worth a thousand words, even in web design.

Good effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi Trevor, I really like the layout of your designs! I think you can go with either one and they'll work out well.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

I think a more interesting background and navigation would help benefit your overall design.
James Chumpol

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

Web design 2 is more visually interesting to me, and I do like how compact everything is. I'm debating whether a background image or color would benefit your design at this point, right now it does have a retro 90's look. And that's not a bad thing, your design shows it's done on purpose.
Stormy