project four prelim

Post links to your Project Four websites for discussion and feedback.
darth vader de pot noodle

project four prelim

Post by darth vader de pot noodle »

this is my bad attempt to remake the tmcc web site cuz yeah.

please be gentle...or dont idk.
Attachments
project-04-grc-175-home-page.jpg
project-04-grc-175-gallery-page.jpg
project-04-grc-175-teachers-page.jpg
Juan YEETER Moreno

wilson_iii

Re: project four prelim

Post by wilson_iii »

"Graphic arts and farts"
Noice.
I like it! I think the ui, the graphics you made, the nav, could be a bit smaller, but I don't know, I'd have to see that too. It looks good, I can't wait to see the final result!

Instructor
Site Admin

Post by Instructor »

Hm. "graphic arts and farts". I can't really argue with that. A perfect summary of our program. 10/10. Nice "yeet" placeholders too. Throw those images around!

I see only one design here. It's got promise, but there is only one.

I like the green you've selected. That color, combined with the rounded edge on the bottom of your left bar makes me thing that the page is slowly being slimed by some ectoplasm or perhaps some goof ol' fashioned Nickelodeon slime. I also like your tiled image gallery. I think that's going to look pretty strong once loaded up with imagery. It's got pretty decent contrast throughout especially in the slime. Your navigation is easy to see and use. Your typography is working pretty decently too.

I don't think you'll need the gray background on your buttons. I think your green is dark enough to pop some bold white type. Source: That bold white logo right next to it. I'd also recommend a little more top margin between your page titles and your Nickelodeon slime top bar. I'm not actually sure you need the light gray background. You might want to see what it looks like with a white background.

Nice effort!
"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up and get to work." — Chuck Close

Michael Ganschow-Green - GRC 175 Instructor
mganschow@tmcc.edu | 673-8200 ext.5-2173

missStormy

Post by missStormy »

Excellent use of yeet. Like the title too. Your design is neat and very easy to navigate and the hanging shape is a nice touch. I would say that hanging shape does look a little empty though and maybe moving the logo down lower could fill out that space.
Stormy

suiish

Post by suiish »

Hi, I like the simplicity of your design. It looks super easy to navigate and is organized well.
This is Briana Flores, in case you forgot! :D

JamesC46

Post by JamesC46 »

It is very rudimentary, the use of type and layout could be more interesting.
James Chumpol

SkellyboneJones

Post by SkellyboneJones »

If I could change anything I'd try and make the buttons look more interactable, as they currently feel a little flat. But I like the distribution of space and easy to read layout.
This is Trevor. So if you don't know, now you know.